♥ LUSH Mothers Day 2018 - Preview!

January 21, 2018



I always forget how quick new seasonal products are released at LUSH after Christmas! I forgot that the Valentines Day release was due and the Mothers Day products were completely off my radar! Mothers Day here in the UK isn't until the 11th of March, but in Norway, they are celebrating their mothers on the 11th of February, so they get a first peek at the products for this range. Usually, Mothers Day products or Easter products are released around about my birthday, (10th of March) but I imagine that these products will make their way to UK stores and website pretty soon as Mothers Day is quite early this year. Of course, as this information has been pulled from the Norwegian website, when the products are released in other countries there may be a slight difference in names as Google Translate is not the best! I also can't estimate how much the products will cost as in some countries their pricing is a lot more expensive than the UK.

Time to get on to the products!

Okay, so this bath bomb looks amazing! It's reminding me a lot of Shoot for the Stars with the small white stars in the top half of the bomb! I don't think this is like SFTS in the essence that it will contain bath melts, but I may be incorrect! The main scent ingredients in Madame President is grapefruit oil and petitgrain oil, so I can imagine that this bath bomb is going to be a citrus explosion, and I'm excited for it! I think the colours are going to look stunning together in the water and with a scent description like this one, I can imagine it will pair with a lot of products really nicely. I am super excited to get my hands on this bath bomb, I have a feeling it will fill the void I have from missing Frozen a little too much.
This bath bomb reminds me a lot of the Oops a Daisy bath bomb from last year, it's as if they have used the same mould! What is not the same, is the scent. Where Oops a Daisy was a very floral and fresh scent, Mum Look What I Have Made for You is definitely not that! With ingredients such as coconut milk powder, cocoa absolute, almond oil and chocolate extract, this bath bomb is going to smell nothing like you would imagine by looking at it. I can see this bath bomb having a little Snowcake essence but packed with a lot of chocolate, making the scent rich and creamy. I really hope LUSH have worked on this bath bomb following the feedback from Oops a Daisy last year. Due to the shape of Oops a Daisy and possibly some of the ingredients, the bomb was very dusty! Bombs that had been freshly bought from the shop looked like you'd hoarded them for a few months and this was a bit off putting for a lot of people. However, Mum Look What I Have Made for You is a totally different bath bomb so I shall not judge based on a previous bad experience! I'm excited to sniff this one and see if it lives up to my expectations.

I am really liking this new format of bubbleroons that LUSH are releasing with this range, although I do think they look a lot more edible now than ever! I am super happy that LUSH have made a red bubbleroon, as I think red is a colour that they lack in a lot and it's nice to have some colour variation for my bath art. I think the name speaks for itself with the scent, Citrus Are Doing it For Themselves. Packed with plenty of citrus oils, including lemon, grapefruit and lime, imagining the scent of this bubbleroon is making my mouth water. I can also imagine that a few people are going to be annoyed at this product because, 'it's another citrus product,' but don't worry, Citrus Are Doing it For Themselves!

Now isn't this little bubbleroon just stunning! I love the marble effect top coat that Mother of Pearl has been given, which is clearly a nod to the name sake of this product. Blue baths are also one of my favourite to take, so a new blue bubbleroon is perfect. The ingredients in Mother of Pearl are what I would have expected, jasmine, mimosa and orange flower, so a pretty subtle floral and fresh scent. The combination of these floral elements is making me think that Mother of Pearl may carry the Sakura scent, so if you're a fan of the bath bomb or the body scrub Rub Rub Rub, I think you may like this one! I am super excited to give this one a sniff and I already know I'll be buying a tonne!

Honestly, when I saw the name of this bubbleroon, I couldn't help but giggle a little! Purple Drain is quite obviously a play on words for the much loved Prince song, Purple Rain. LUSH must really adore Prince, as this is the third product that LUSH have released where the name sake could be tracked back to the musical legend. I have a feeling this is going to be one of them products with a strange scent that everybody falls in love with! The ingredients are murumuru butter, clove bud oil, black pepper oil and peppermint oil. I feel like this scent is going to be quite heavy, but the peppermint will freshen it and give it a little something different, much like LUSH did with Ladybird. I also adore the top coat on Purple Drain and purple is my favourite colour (fun fact!) so I'll definitely be picking one of these up. 
Oh. My. God. How bloody cute is this little guy! This literally looks like a child's birthday cake, and it's making me want to sink my teeth in and bite a chunk! I am so excited for a new massage bar after the disappointment of Melt My Heart from the Valentines Day range being Jungle scented! This one, I know I will love! Packed with Shea butter, almond oil, clove leaf oil, Tonka absolute, vanilla absolute and honey, with a couple of things missing, this product has almost exactly the same scent ingredients as Sea Salted Caramel soap, which was a total hit with me! I can imagine Honey Bear pairing so nicely with anything from the Honey I Washed the Kids scent family, and I'm quite excited to use this after a good scrub with Scrubee!

I mentioned Raspberry Milkshake specifically on my Instagram story because as soon as I saw the word 'raspberry,' my mind immediately floated towards Mumkin. Mumkin is a Kitchen bubble bar that is probably one of the most requested products for LUSH to make. I have never had the pleasure of owning a Mumkin, but I did purchase three Kisskins, when they came out as an exclusive in the Kitchen last year, so I know what the scent is like. This soap boasts ingredients like coconut oil, raspberry juice, vanilla absolute, lemon oil and davana oil. After having a look at the actual ingredients, I don't think it will be Mumkin scented at all, as the only ingredient they share is lemon oil. However, I do think that Raspberry Milkshake will be what people like myself, purchased Mumkin or Kisskin and expected to get. I'm really quite excited to try this soap and if it smells like I think it will, I may have to do my first DIY shower gel.
I am not a big fan of soap, I never have been. I've said many times that I have a drawer full of the stuff but I never ever reach for any of it. However, these soaps are so stunning to look at, how can I not be tempted! I love the shape of them, they remind me of church windows with stained glass effect, apart from the imagery on these is 3D. Lemon Zest is the one I am gravitating to the most out of the four iron soaps being released, purely because the ingredients, lemon oil, lemon peel, rose wood oil and lemon myrtle oil sound like a complete lemon overload! Lemon has to be one of my favourite citrus scents and I may be swayed to even use this soap if it smells that good. It's giving me Elsie the Giraffe kind of vibes with the layered lemon scent and if so, I will love it!
I had a feeling that Google Translate had failed me on this translation as I had never heard of 'loosestrife' before and the word itself does sound quite Norwegian, but I was wrong! The definition of loosestrife is 'any of a number of tall plants which bear upright spikes of flowers and grow by water and in wet ground.' When you look at the product itself, you can see loosestrife actually on the product which also gives you a hint to the scent of this soap. Purple Loosestrife is very heavy on floral, with rose, hibiscus and lavender syrup, violet leaf and rose absolute and cananga oil, this is going to be one floral overload! For that reason alone, I don't think I'm going to like this product, I am not a fan of heavy floral scents and with rose and violet being pretty high up in the ingredients list, I can already see my scrunching my nose up at this soap.
I think most people's mind will have jumped to Grass when they saw this soap, just like I did, however Chamomile Lawn being Grass scented is a straight no once you look at the ingredients list. The first ingredient is German chamomile infusion so the name will definitely suit the scent,  but this soap also boats lavender oil and absolute and neroli oil. The scent ingredients literally mirror the scent ingredients of the Golden Slumbers bath bomb. LUSH seem to be going in on the lavender scented products since the whole Sleepy hype. I'm quite glad I have become a fan of lavender in certain formats and I think this may be one I would enjoy.

The name of this soap is unusual, as you would expect Rosebud to be packed with all things rose, but it's not. Yes, there is tuberose absolute and rose water, but the neroli oil and orange flower absolute are above those in the ingredients list, meaning that there is more of those ingredients in the product than the rose scented ones. This excites me! I am so done with rose after the Valentines Day launch and the majority of products being heavy on the rose and them super sizing one of my most hated bath bombs ever, I'm ready to be done with rose and say goodbye for now! Although I don't think the vision of this soap is as pretty as the others, I do think that this soap is going to have a good scent and scent beats attractiveness always!

As you can see, this isn't your usual LUSH release that everybody is used to. There are absolutely no returning products, every single product is brand new. I have been told that there are more products to come, so don't worry about not seeing your favourite from last year on this list as I have heard there will be at least five more products being released in at least the UK.

I also feel like the feel of the products is also very different than what we are used to, the iron soaps state on their pages that 'This soap is part of a new four-leaf flower collection with 3D design, and these soaps look as good as they feel. They are designed to stand upright on the top, making it easy to grab it, and with a perfume that stays long on the skin they are a pleasure to use from the very first moment.' It would appear that LUSH are swaying away from their 'handmade cosmetics' and are going more technical, which to me, takes a bit of the uniqueness away from LUSH. LUSH is known for their 'fresh handmade cosmetics,' and if you take away the handmade, something that they pride themselves on so strongly, how long will it be until they take away the fresh part too?

Overall, there are a few products that I would like to try and as usual, some that I will steer clear of. I would love to see Mother Earth and Your Mother Should Know come back this year, but I have a feeling I'm going to be disappointed with those two. 

**
You can find the LUSH Mothers Day products on the LUSH Norge site here.

Release dates for the rest of the world are unknown as of yet, but keep checking the @lushkitchen Instagram as I am sure they will be the account to let us know!

**

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog post, it is very appreciated! Make sure to follow so you can see the next time I post! ♥ xo
**Disclaimer: All views and opinions are my own.**
**All photo credit: LUSH Norge **

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe