♥ LUSH Valentines Day 2018 - Preview!

January 06, 2018

Christmas came and went so quick, I almost forgot about Valentines Day at that LUSH release a range for this occasion! I do every year to be quite honest. Valentines Day releases never really excite me, as the overall scent of the products tend to be very floral and there is always an element of rose, which I'm not a fan of. However, there are some products this year that I am really excited to try out and I can't wait till my local store gets these in so I can grab a few pieces. I will probably buy the whole collection at the end of the month, but there will be a couple of bits I will pick up throughout January. Most of this collection is brand new, so I am excited to see what we are getting this year!

Cherryish body scrub
I was super excited when I saw the product leaks of this product! Last time we had a body scrub come out for a seasonal release was Scrubee, and I think it's fair to say that every Lushie fell in love with it. Cherryish sounds like it's going to be amazing! Filled with ground cherry stones for exfoliating, which I can imagine would work very well, almond essential oil and a combination of white chocolate and cocoa absolute, I have a feeling that this product may carry the Happy Blooming scent, which I am super excited about! Happy Blooming smells like freshly baked cherry bake-wells, and with the combinations of cherry and almond in this product, it sounds like a good scent family comparison. I am quite excited to try this product out and see how exfoliating it really is. I think LUSH lacks a little in deep exfoliation and the only product that gives me a satisfying scrub is Scrubee, so I hope Cherryish is up to par!

Tisty Tosty bath bomb
I was quite surprised to see Tisty Tosty coming back from the discontinued list to make a show for Valentines Day this year. I would have thought, yes, a perfect Valentines Day product, but not so soon after discontinuation. I wasn't a fan of this bath bomb when it was mainline, I really don't like the rose buds inside of the bomb, floating around the water after the bomb has fizzed away. I didn't think much of the scent and there is nothing exciting about this bomb when it is in the water either. With ingredients such as rose absolute, jasmine absolute and geranium oil, the scent is not up my street at all and is the kind of scent that I steer clear from. They may have spruced this bath bomb up a little with changing the colour from white to pink, but I will most definitely pass on this product, unless it happens to be in a gift set that I pick up. 

Heart of Enlightened Expectation bubble bar melt
This, was a product that I was excited for, until I read the scent description. For some reason, I imagined this to smell like ginger bread, I think it was the colour that was making me drift towards that scent idea, but upon reading the ingredients,  rose absolute, jasmine absolute and geranium oil, the scent description really makes me think that I am not going to be as much of a fan as I thought I would be, which is quite disheartening. I love the idea of a bubble bar melt, a product which creates bubbles but is also packed with enough moisturising ingredients, in this case cocoa butter, to leave your skin feeling nourished. I will probably try this one, but I will be very surprised if I like it. 

Tender is the Night naked shower cream
I'm going to put it out there now, I am not a fan of naked shower creams and gels. I appreciate that LUSH are trying to cut down on packaging and are really pushing their naked range, but I think bringing out this shower cream in only naked format is the wrong way to go. I am a LUSH hoarder, I have over 30 bottles of shower gel, stored away ready to be chosen whenever I fancy, naked shower gels can not be hoarded in such a way. I know LUSH always push the 'fresh is best' slogan, but I have some products that are years out of date and still smell and work as good as the day I bought them. I think they should have released a liquid version of Tender is the Night, and I can't imagine the sales will be high on this product, especially as they have stuck a £14.50 price tag on it. Didn't LUSH say that the naked range would also result in lesser prices as the customer obviously isn't paying for the packaging either? On to the actual product! I think this product will smell quite nice, jasmine, ylang ylang, vanilla absolute and shea butter are the key ingredients, so I can imagine this shower cream to have quite a subtle floral scent with the sweetness of the vanilla playing a key in toning the scent down. I'm hoping that the price point is lesser for a smaller bottle, and then I may consider purchasing this product. 

Kiss Me Quick wash card
LUSH released a wash card for their Valentines Day collection back in 2017 which was called a wash card business card, under the same name and carried the 29 High Street scent, the scent that was created to smell like a LUSH shop. I don't think that this wash card is going to carry the same scent. Taking a look at my 29 High Street shower gel, the main ingredients are jasmine flower infusion, fresh lemon juice, ylang ylang oil and sandalwood oil. This wash card however, boats ingredients clove bud oil, mimosa absolute and tonka absolute. I can't see any similar ingredients, so I don't think this product will be as people think. I will grab a couple, as the combination of ingredients sounds like it will make a gorgeous scent and for only £2 a piece, I'll take them all!

Love Boat bath bomb
Love Boat is a product that was teased quite a while a go now and excited quite a lot of the LUSH community. I must admit, I get most excited when I see that new bath bombs are being created and released as they are the product I go through the most. This bomb intrigues me, I really hope it floats across the water and doesn't sink! I'm quite looking forward to trying Love Boat, with ingredients such as Sicilian lemon oil, sweet orange oil and rose oil, this bath bomb sounds a lot like last years Lover Lamp, which was possibly one of the most boring bath bombs LUSH have ever created. It was a great cocktail bomb, but I wasn't a fan of using it alone. Love Boat however, looks like it will be a party in the water and I can't wait to try it out! I think if I love anything from this collection, this will be the product I fall for!

Melt My Heart massage bar
I was really excited for this massage bar, like really excited. Until I saw that Melt My Heart belongs to the Jungle scent family, my LUSH worst nightmare. I really hate the Jungle  scent. I bought the solid conditioner and used it once. I nearly threw up the next day when I could smell it it in my hair. I hate it. I can't see myself liking the scent of this product at all, so I may have to pass on this.
Tunnel of Love soap
I have a drawer full of soap that I never ever reach for or use. I think I say that in every blog post that I ever talk about soap. I was really good with the Halloween and Christmas collections, and even though there was soap I liked the smell of, I didn't pick any up because I knew it was going to sit there not being used. Tunnel of Love, I may have to pick up a slice though, as with ingredients such as sweet wild orange oil and lime oil, this soap shares the scent of the very popular Never Mind the Ballistics bath bomb that was available as part of the Christmas range. This may be a soap that I could purchase and turn into a shower gel!

Rose Bombshell bath bomb
I have used this bath bomb a couple of times before and every time I use it, I remember why I hate it. Rose Bombshell is marketed as carrying the Rose Jam scent, I can tell you it does not. I like Rose Jam, it's the one rose scent that I can cope with, this bath bomb does not smell the same. On cold sniff, you can slightly smell that tart Rose Jam smell, but as soon as the bomb hits the water, the cheap and sickly typical rose scent hits you, hard! I really dislike the scent of this bath bomb and I also don't like that the bomb is hollow inside and full of rose petals, so while you're in the bath, the petals are floating all around you and sticking to you. Urgh! I won't be purchasing any of these this year.
Giant Rose Bombshell bath bomb
My worst nightmare. A super sized Rose Bombshell? Do I even need to say anything more than, 'No thank you, I'll pass!'
The Kiss lip gloss
The Kiss is a lip gloss that has been around the past couple of years and must be popular as it keeps coming back! This isn't my kind of colour at all, I don't like or suit pink shades for my lips, so I've always steered clear of this product whenever it has been available. I think I might try it out on my hand again this year and see how bright it is, I may pick one up.

Whole Lotta Love bubbleroon
This super cute little bubbleroon is another product I have been looking forward to trying out, but again, seems to be a very floral scent, with jasmine absolute, lemongrass oil, rose absolute, ylang ylang absolute and gardenia extract. I am hoping that the lemongrass pulls through and makes this product smell much more like Slammer shower gel and less like Lovestruck bubble bar which was released last year for Valentines Day. Please do not be Lovestruck in a new format. Please. I think I may pick up one or two of these if I smell it in store and like it.

The Kiss lip scrub
The Kiss lip scrub is a very funny product. I love LUSH lip scrubs and I own quite a few, The Kiss being one of them. When you smell the product, it smells quite like the candy sweets we have here in the UK called Love Hearts, which sounds so appetising to anybody who has tried them sweets. However, once you apply the lip scrub and lick your lips, you are left with a super salty taste which can be quite off putting. I hope LUSH have made some adjustments to this product this year and made it more enjoyable.

Unicorn Horn bubble bar
I think that Unicorn Horn is the only safe product for me this year. I went a bit crazy and bought at least 6 last year and I could have sworn I had a couple left, but I can't seem to find them. Unicorn Horn is the only product that has been released for Valentines Day this year that I know I will like, because I have already had a few of them and I really loved this product last year. I like how every year, this product looks a little different, the first year it had stars, the second year it was very sleek and had a beautiful stream of colours and this year, there is no blue, so this will probably mean your water will look a lot nicer when using this bubble bar. I will be grabbing myself a few of these bubble bars as they pair perfectly with Luxury Lush Pud and Twilight, and since I became a fan of these scents, I use them quite a lot.


In Your Dreams gift set

Contains - Unicorn Horn bubble bar and Love Boat bath bomb
I think this gift set is a good one, a combination of products that you can use together! Crumble yourself some Unicorn Horn for bubbles and add in Love Boat for some bath art!

With Love gift set
Contains - Tender is the Night naked shower cream and Ro's Argan body conditioner
This would be the perfect gift to pick up if you want to try out Tender is the Night as this gift set is cheaper than buying the naked shower cream itself. I think I may pick this gift up, to try Tender is the Night and add a tub of Ro's Argan to my collection as I am out at the moment.


Lots of Love gift set
Contains - Rose Bombshell bath bomb, Sex Bomb bath bomb, Whole Lotta Love bubbleroon, Heart of Englightened Expectation bubble bar melt, Tunnel of Love soap, Tender is the Night naked shower cream, Cherryish body scrub, Melt My Heart massage bar and Unicorn Horn bubble bar.

LUSH always release a gift set called Lots of Love, and this year the box is very different. I do think that this gift set has a good range of the products, however the person you are gifting this to would have to be a fan of floral scents, unless they would be less than impressed with this gift. I will be passing on this gift set this year and going for one of the smaller ones.

Love Box gift set
Contains - Tender is the Night naked shower cream, Melt My Heart massage bar, The Kiss lip scrub and Cherryish body scrub
I thought this would be the perfect gift for me to grab. but with it containing the massage bar I will have to pass! I'd say if you are purchasing this as a gift for someone who really enjoys floral scents or you yourself want to try out the new products, this would be a good option. 


Love Hearts gift set
Contains - Rose Bombshell bath bomb, Tisty Tosty bath bomb, Love Boat bath bomb, Unicorn Horn bubble bar and Whole Lotta Love bubbleroon
I really want this gift, purely for the box! How cute is the pattern on this box! To get five products for £25 and the super cute box isn't bad either, I could have one bath where I use the two products I'm not a fan of and just get shot of them in one go. I think I may pick this up, especially if I do like the scent of Whole Lotta Love and Love Boat!

Cherry Baby knot wrap
If anything, I am more interested in the knot wraps that are being released with this collection! I think this one is super cute and the perfect size to wear in my hair. I love the cherry pattern and the pink and purple colours will look lovely in my collection. This is a must have for sure!

Good Valentine knot wrap
I think this is quite possibly the cutest knot wrap that LUSH have released! I think this knot wrap will be one thing that I will definitely pick up on launch day as it's so damn cute! Imagine how gorgeous this would look framed and then up on the wall!  

All Together Now knot wrap
I also really like this knot wrap! I love the world map and the quote over the top, the message that this knot wrap sends is brilliant. I love the shade of pink that has been used, it contrasts really well with the other colours. I think this may be another product I pick up on launch day. I'm budgeting myself quite a lot for launch day, and so far the knot wraps are the main things that have caught my eye.

Roses knot wrap

I think this is the only knot wrap that I'm not too fussed about! Not being that much of a fan of roses, and the size of this knot wrap, I can't see myself wearing it in my hair so I don't think I'll grab this one, although it is super lovely!

I think on launch day I will grab the Good Valentine and All Together Now knot wraps and probably a Love Boat and maybe CherryishWhat do you think about the Valentines Day collection? Are you excited about any of the products that are being released and if so, what do you plan to buy? Let me know down in the comments below!

**
You can view and purchase the LUSH Valentines Day collection online on the UK site here now and the collection will be in stores worldwide on the 14th of January.
**
Thank you for taking the time to read my blog post, it is very appreciated! Make sure to follow so you can see the next time I post! ♥ xo
**Disclaimer: All views and opinions are my own. All photo credit goes to LUSH Cosmetics**

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe