♥ My Favourite LUSH Scent Families

April 22, 2018



One of my favourite things about LUSH, is that when you fall in love with the scent of one product, there tends to be other products to enjoy that carry the same smell. Sometimes, it takes years for LUSH to create a scent in the product format that you want to try it in, but from my experience, they 99% of the time get it right, so it's definitely worth the wait!

LUSH create so many amazingly unique scents, so I thought I would share with you all some of my favourite scent families and the products that you can grab that all carry the same gorgeous smells!

* I won't be picturing any bath bombs or bubble bars because they're all tightly packed away in their poly bags, which make for terrible flash back on photos! *

Plum Rain
Pictured - Plum Rain shower gel and body spray
When Plum Rain shower gel first launched, it was an Oxford Street exclusive and everybody was dying to get their hands on it! The description of 'The rains have arrived, bringing rich, fresh plum juice and umeboshi infusion for succulent, fruity cleanses,' sounded amazing, and the ingredients list of umeboshi infusion, fresh plum juice and Sicilian mandarin oil sounded perfect! I managed to grab a small 100g bottle of Plum Rain on Depop, and I was so happy with my purchase! I savoured that tiny little bottle for as long as I could and when it was finally released to all stores I felt like I could finally allow myself to use loads of it in one go! This is definitely a scent that I fell in love with straight away. Plum Rain gives you a tart and fresh plum scent, like you've just sliced open a freshly picked plum, the mandarin oil makes it slightly sweeter and there is a bit of a grassy element also, probably due to the petitgrain oil. Plum Rain was such a hit that LUSH also released a bubble bar, named Plum Snow for Christmas 2017. I'm hoping that this will make a come back, it was such a fan favourite it has to!

Products in this scent family:
Plum Rain shower gel

Plum Rain body spray

Plum Snow bubble bar
Hedgewitch soap

The Comforter
Pictured - The Comforter shower cream, solid perfume, body lotion and shower jelly
The Comforter is a long standing scent within LUSH, the bubble bar has been around for years and slowly but surely, we seem to be being blessed with new products in this scent. Unfortunately, none of the products in the above picture are available to buy anymore. The shower cream was discontinued in 2017 and the lotion, jelly and solid perfume were all from the LUSH Kitchen, which is no more and is therefore unlikely that we will see these products being made in the near future. The Comforter is a beautiful blend of bergamot oil, cassis absolute and cypress oil, and it smells like beautiful juicy blackberries! I have heard that a lot of people dislike the shower cream format, but I really enjoy it! I do hope that one day we see a body spray with The Comforter scent, I would love to douse myself in it daily!

Products in this scent family:
The Comforter bubble bar
The Comforter shower gel
The Comforter shower cream
The Comforter liquid perfume
The Comforter solid perfume
The Comforter body lotion
The Comforter body conditioner
The Comforter shower jelly
Sweetie Pie shower jelly
Reindeer Rock soap
Free Rangers bath bomb
You Snap the Whip body butter
Mind the Gap FUN
 
Snow Fairy
Pictured - Snow Fairy shower gel, body conditioner, solid perfume and body spray
Quite possibly the most 'overdone' scent in some peoples opinions, would have to be Snow Fairy. This it the scent that entices people into LUSH, it grabs them hook line and sinker and before they know it they're addicted and wanting more! I must admit, I think that's how it worked for me. As most people grow out of Snow Fairy and find themselves enjoying other scents much more, I still adore the bubblegum candy scent that makes it way to the LUSH stores every single Christmas. I really do think that the Christmas that LUSH don't bring this back, will be a very sad one. I think my favourite format of this scent has to be the body spray, it's slightly sweeter than the shower gel and I always receive lovely compliments when I'm wearing it. I have also found the using the shower gel is great for my hair! I wash it twice and then follow up with American Cream, and my hair is super soft and silky, and it even tames my curls! I need to stock up on the shower gel at Christmas as I only have a 1kg bottle left, and I don't think that will last me through another year. LUSH are very secretive with what ingredients are combined to create this gorgeous signature scent, as the products purely state 'perfume.' I don't blame them for keeping their ingredients list hidden away in a vault, you can guarantee someone would steal the scent!

Products in this scent family:
Snow Fairy shower gel
Snow Fairy body conditioner
Snow Fairy body spray
Snow Fairy solid perfume
Snow Fairy liquid perfume
Snow Fairy FUN
Godmother soap
Fairy Dust dusting powder
Magic Wand bubble bar
Father Christmas bath bomb
Snow Fairy jelly bomb
Snow Fairy massage bar
Snow Fairy sparkle jar
Fluffy Egg bath bomb
Best Washes wash card
Snow Fairy cold pressed soap
 
Calacas
Pictured - Calacas shower gel and body lotion
This is an all time favourite of mine! The first time I smelt Calacas, I fell in love with this scent and wanted every possible product I could have, smelling like this. I bought a bottle of the shower gel on a complete whim. I had stumbled upon the LUSH Kitchen when looking for The Comforter body lotion, and thought 'That sounds nice!' Little did I know it would start a literal addiction to this scent! Calacas smells like them chewy lime gummy sweets you used to get as a kid in a sweetie mixture, but better. The combination of lime oil, olibanum oil and neroli oil, come together to make the most perfect warming cocktail scent, ever. I'm really surprised that LUSH haven't cashed in on the love for Calacas and either brought it to stores for Halloween or even made it a permanent product. There are very few and far between Lushies who don't love this scent! I have to say that the shower gel is my favourite product in this scent family and the product (that I have used) that brings the scent across the best. The lotion is nice, but a little watery in scent. I adore the bubble bar and bath bombs in this scent also, they're always so strong! Please LUSH, if for some reason you've stumbled across this blog post, bring Calacas to us all for Halloween!

Products in this scent family:
Calacas shower gel
Calacas body lotion
Calacas shower jelly
Calavera bath bomb
Monsters Ball bath bomb
Man in the Moon bubble bar
Abogloshie bath bomb
The Enchanter bath bomb
Skullduggery bath bomb
Lady Catrina soap
Day of the Dead liquid perfume

Honey I Washed the Kids
Pictured - Its Raining Men shower gel and Honey I Washed the Kids body spray, solid perfume and shower jelly
I fell hard for this scent not all that long ago! I purchased the solid perfume alongside Rose Jam, purely because it was in stock and completely fell in love with the scent! I have pictured It's Raining Men alongside this scent family portrait, but there is questions as to whether it belongs, as it does smell a little different to the tradition HIWTK scent. Although I never class this as my favourite scent, a lot of the products in the HIWTK scent family, are my favourite in that genre. For example, my favourite body spray is for sure HIWTK, my favourite bubble bar is Ma Bar, my favourite shower jelly is HIWTK and I'd say my most used solid perfume is probably also HIWTK. There's just something about this scent family that is so likeable and addictive. The main ingredients that you can smell in almost all of these products, is of course honey. Alongside the honey, you also pick up on notes of brazilian orange oil and bergamot oil. HIWTK is a very sweet scent, slightly chocolatey I have found in certain formats and a very edible scent. I could just bite into a chunk of HIWTK soap and eat it! One day, I will find the liquid perfume and I will cover myself, top to toe in this delicious scent! 

Products in this scent family:
Honey I Washed the Kids soap
Honey I Washed the Kids solid perfume
Honey I Washed the Kids liquid perfume
Honey I Washed the Kids shower gel
Honey I Washed the Kids shower jelly
It's Raining Men shower gel
Shoot for the Stars bath bomb
Santasaurus bubble wand
Ma Bar bubble bar
Gold FUN
Golden Egg bath bomb melt
Humpty Dumpty bath bomb
Sugar Mama body scrub
The Mum bubble wand

Lord of Misrule
Pictured - Lord of Misrule body spray, solid perfume, body conditioner and shower cream
I adore this scent so much and it is so loved by many! The vanilla absolute, black pepper oil and patchouli combination makes for the perfect creamy and slightly spicy scent that is Lord of Misrule. I first fell in love with this scent via the bath bomb, which has been released for the past few Halloweens and stayed until Christmas. Not only is the bath art from Lord of Misrule stunning, the scent is to die for! Lushies have requested a body spray in this scent for ages now, and our dreams finally came true when they released it just before Christmas 2017. I grabbed myself two bottles and I have no regrets what so ever! This scent really gets me in the Christmas mood, even though it's not a through and through typical Christmas scent, and I reach for it all year round. I would love to see more products in this scent and I would love to see the liquid perfume make it's way back to availability, but I imagine that opportunity is long gone now. 

Products in this scent family
Lord of Misrule bath bomb
Lord of Misrule shower cream
Lord of Misrule liquid perfume
Lord of Misrule solid perfume
Lord of Misrule body conditioner
Monsters and Aliens FUN
Rough with the Smooth body scrub

Champagne Snow Showers / Celebrate / Bubbly
Pictured - Bubbly and Celebrate shower gel, Bucks Fizz body conditioner, Celebrate body lotion and solid perfume
I'd say this scent family is very controversial and not even because of the scent! We Lushies have adored the Celebrate scent for years, elderflower infusion, jojoba oil, sweet orange oil and cognac oil create this gorgeous and gentle, very unique scent. During the release of Christmas 2016, Bubbly was on the menu and a lot of people compared this shower gel to the much loved Celebrate. While I will agree that there are some similarities, and if you placed both of them under the nose of a non-lushie, they would probably say they were the same, they are not. Bubbly has ingredients such as vine leaf and fresh grape juice, which are not ingredients in Celebrate. And Celebrate contains cognac oil and jojoba oil, which are not listed in Bubbly. Given that, I do love both scents and I tend to pair products from each scent family together, to make one epic bath. Celebrate is the more gentle and mature version of the bright and in your face, Bubbly.  This scent family duo also has some of my favourite products, Bucks Fizz being my most favourite body conditioner. I bought three large tubs in the Boxing Day sales and I've already used a full tub! I really hope that LUSH expand this scent family, a Bubbly or Celebrate body spray would be amazing!

Products in this scent family:
Celebrate shower gel
Celebrate body lotion
Celebrate liquid perfume
Celebrate solid perfume
Golden Wonder bath bomb
Snow Showers shower jelly
First Snow dusting powder
Supernova bath bomb
Bubbly shower gel
Bucks Fizz body conditioner

Twilight
Pictured - Twilight shower gel, solid perfume, shower jelly, body spray, Sleepy body lotion and Mr Sandman dusting powder
It took me a long ass time to come to appreciate this much loved and raved about scent family. Twilight has been a fan favourite for years. The shower gel has made an appearance in the Kitchen many times and was finally a Christmas exclusive for 2017. In 2016, LUSH released Sleepy, which made the general public fall in love. There was so much hype around this product that I had people from my everyday life, who have no love for LUSH at all, asking me about it! This hype led to the much awaited expansion of this scent family. We got the body spray, which made it to stores and wasn't just a Kitchen product, we got the shower jelly and solid perfume via the Kitchen and all was well and happy. I really hated lavender scents for years, and as much as I could tolerate the Twilight bath bomb, I could not withstand the strong scent of the shower gel. I really hated it. After Christmas 2016, I ended up with a few Luxury Lush Pud bath bombs that had came in gift sets. I had always ignored this bath bomb, as even though it looked stunning and the bath art was amazing, I just couldn't deal with such a strong scent. After ending up with a few, I toyed with the idea of just selling them, but ended up using them, falling in love and really enjoying the scent. Twilight isn't just pure, straight up lavender, tonka plays a massive part in this scent, making the lavender less sharp and giving a sweet and malty twist to the scent. I now cover myself in Mr Sandman and the body spray when I am having trouble sleeping, and you can guarantee I am yawning my way to dreamland within minutes! 

Products in this scent family:
Twilight bath bomb
Twilight shower gel
Twilight shower jelly
Twilight solid perfume
Twilight liquid perfume 
Twilight body spray 
Twilight sparkle jar
Sleepy body lotion
Mr Sandman dusting powder
Luxury Lush Pud bath bomb
Ba Bar bubble bar

American Cream
Pictured - American Cream hair conditioner, body lotion and liquid perfumes and American Pie shower jelly
I have to admit that I think this one is my favourite of all time. It's so hard to actually decide that fact, when there are so many wonderful and very different scents! I fell in love with the American Cream conditioner years ago and I have never tried another one since. Why change something that works for you! I totally fell in love with this scent after the first time using the conditioner, and after finding out that there was a body lotion that had been made in the past I knew I needed to get my hands on it! Luckily, I didn't have to wait long as the LUSH Kitchen made a batch pretty soon after and I was hooked! Vanilla absolute, clary sage, lavender oil and benzoin resinoid combine together to make this beautiful milkshake scent! I really wish that LUSH would branch out a little more with this scent, or bring back some of the good old products that carry this so I can have an entire American Cream bath experience. I managed to score the two perfumes on eBay about a year ago and they are my most treasured LUSH items! The older style bottle with the long golden cap doesn't smell too good, but the retro black bottle still smells okay. I am on a mission to find a later bottle, from the last time that this perfume was released as I would love to smell like American Cream all day, every day!

Products in this scent family:
American Cream hair conditioner
American Cream body lotion
American Cream solid perfume
American Cream liquid perfume
American Pie shower jelly
Flosty Gritter bubble bar
1 Am 10 bubble bar
Shimmy Shimmy shimmer bar
Twinkle bath ballistic

Butterball
Pictured - Butterball body conditioner and shower gel
I never really paid this scent family much attention, until not that long ago. I have used Butterball and Butterbear bath bombs, but they're never my first option. As moisturising as they are, I really like some good bath art, and as they're both white with no colour, they aren't the best for some Instagram pictures. However, I do really like the scent! Packed with cocoa butter, the Butterball scent family is for any chocolate lover! Butterball smells like sweet cocoa and even though there is ylang ylang in there, it's not floral one bit! I think the body conditioner is my favourite from this scent family, because as much as I love the shower gel, it's very chunky due to the cocoa butter and doesn't lather very well. I may just have a bad batch though! I would love a body spray in this scent, I think it would be lovely! 

Products in this scent family:
Butterball bath bomb
Butterbear bath bomb
Butterball shower gel
Butterball body conditioner
Butterbear wash card
Gentle Lentil solid shampoo
The Snowman bath bomb
The Ex Factor bath bomb

There are so many other scents that I love that LUSH has created, So White being one of them that I simply forgot to snap a photo of and should be a part of this blog post! There are also so many one off products, that don't have many other products that carry the same scent, Christmas Sweater, Slammer, Santa's Christmas and Ponche being just a few to name! As excited as I am to see and smell new inventions and scents from LUSH, I just hope they don't forget about the older retro scents that we all love and adore!

If you can narrow it down, what is your favourite scent family from LUSH? Let me know down in the comments, I'm curious to know!

**

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog post, it is very appreciated! Make sure to follow so you can see the next time I post! ♥ xo
**Disclaimer: All views, opinions and photos are my own.**


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe