♥ Great Films You've Forgotten About!

January 07, 2017


Do you ever see a movie on TV and think, 'I totally forgot that movie existed!' I do this all the time and then remember how great that film is and binge watch it for weeks after. There are so many great films that have been over shone by all the new films with great CGI and amazing soundtracks, but we really do forget about all the older films that are just as good! Below, I have complied a list of all the great films that I think people will have forgotten about! Let me know if your favorite is there!


Coyote Ugly was one of my favorite films growing up. I used to love LeAnn Rimes and I'm so happy shes coming back to make more music! I remember watching this film on tape when I was a kid and always asking my Mum to put it on. Coyote Ugly follows a song writer called Violet who has made the big move to New York and finds herself working in a bar, dancing on the table tops and pulling pints, which is not the career she intended to find herself in. This film has ups and downs and a really lovely ending! The soundtrack is what makes this film. If you haven't already seen it, I would definitely recommend giving this one a watch - it's a lot less slutty than it sounds!


A modern twist on the Shakespeare play, Twelfth Night, She's A Man follows Viola as she tries to prove that even though she is a female, shes a good enough footballer to compete. Viola takes her brothers space at college and dresses up as a male to get onto the colleges football team. What she doesn't expect, is to fall in love with her room mate. This film stars Amanda Bynes and Channing Tatum, who surprisingly, make quite a cute couple!




I don't think this is a film that a lot of people will have heard about. I stumbled across this film as my Mum was watching it and I ended up being glued to the screen. It then became one of my favorites because the story line just captivates you. Two musicians came together and spent a single night with each other. August was the result of that night. Orphaned by circumstance, August inherits both his fathers and mothers musical talent and uses this to seek out his parents that he lost when he was born. This film will pull at your heart strings and may make you shed a tear or two, but it is definitely worth a watch.



I can't believe this film is as old as me! This film follows a little boy who has fallen in love, the only issue is 'girls are icky' at that age and his friends don't approve of girls! Alfalfa's friends won't let his lust for Darla come between them winning the big go-kart race and try their hardest to show Alfalfa that girls are well and truly icky! This is such a cute and light hearted film and I'll be surprised if you haven't watched it.




Imagine being 1 of 12 children. That feels impossible for me as I am an only child. I couldn't imagine sharing a house with 13 other people! Insane! Cheaper By The Dozen follows Tom and Kate Baker and their 12 children juggle a new coaching job and book tour, and still raise, feed, bathe and educate 12 children. As you can imagine, not everything goes to plan! I like that the moral of this story is that parents do a lot for their children, they make sacrifices and give up their dreams to make their children happy. I love this film and it's light heartedness!




Based on a series of books by Louise Rennison, Angus Thongs and Perfect Snogging follows the story of Georgia and her quest to find a boyfriend. This is such a light hearted, good old teenager film that I watch over and over again. For any teenage boys reading this, this is extremely over dramatic and teenage girls do not behave in this way! We're not all stalkers who follow your every move! I have the books that this film is based on and I honestly can't remember whether I've finished reading them! I think I'll add them to my 'next to read' list!



I didn't watch this film until a couple of years ago and I wished I'd watched it sooner. I think the only reason I watched this film was because it had one of my favourite actresses in it, Blake Lively. This film definitely beat my expectations. This movie follows a group of best friends who find a pair of jeans that mysteriously fits them all, despite them all being different body sizes and shapes. The girls all part ways for the summer, travelling to football camp, Greece, going to stay with your Dad or just staying at home, and decide to share the jeans between them and mail them to and from each other. Each girl receives a life lesson that summer, and it turns into a summer that will stay with them for a long time. I can't recommend this film enough!



This has got to be one of the cutest films I've ever seen. A single lady, who runs an independent book shop, joins an online chat site where she meets a lovely man whom she spends a lot of time talking to. Her whole life comes crashing down around her when a chain book store opens around the corner from her and the manager of the store couldn't care less about her store, wanting to sell books at bargain prices and steals her customers. I think you can guess where it goes from there.. This has to be a classic film! 

I've seen everyone of these films multiple times and every time I watch them I remember how great each and every film is. If you haven't seen any of these films I would highly recommend you do! They're all guaranteed to give you a warm fuzzy feeling in your heart!

**

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog post, it is very appreciated! Make sure to follow so you can see the next time I post! ♥ xo

**Disclaimer: All views and opinions are my own. Photo credit for all images: Google Images**

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe