♥ LUSH Valentines Day 2017 - Preview!

January 10, 2017


I always forget that after Christmas, us Lushies have the Valentines Day range to look forward to. So when I hear about the range coming, I get super excited! I'm even more excited this year as I am loving the Rose Jam scent this time round and lavender is growing on me! There are some really amazing products coming with the range and I can't wait to get paid to go and grab them all!


Pictured: Over and Over bath bomb
Price: £4.25

I have been dying to try this bath bomb since I saw it at the LUSH Creative Showcase in the summer. This bomb has the same style as the infamous Roller and the Never Mind the Ballistics bath bomb that was available for Christmas 2016. I like this kind of bomb where you get two products in one, a bath melt and a bath bomb. And for the price, I don't think it's that bad! With ingredients such as lime oil, I imagine this will be a great citrus blast! I can't afford to do a massive haul when the products are released, but I am going straight to LUSH to purchase one of these!

Pictured: Roller bath bomb
Price: £4.25

I knew it was too good to be true for this bomb to come to all stores. Of course, this is going to be a LUSH Kitchen exclusive, which means that it will only be available online. I have tried this product before, I tried one the day I got them and loved it! Roller shares it's scent with the Yummy Mummy range, which includes a favourite of mine, Peeping Santa. I stored my second Roller for a few weeks and it didn't perform as well as my first one. I've heard a few Lushies say that these don't store very well, so I wouldn't recommend buying a tonne of these and keeping hold of them. I would recommend grabbing a couple though as this bomb really does smell amazing and looks beautiful in the bath.

Pictured: Lover Lamp bath bomb
Price: £4.25

I'm quite surprised that this bomb came back to be honest. This bomb made its first appearance last Valentines Day and I was underwhelmed with it. I didn't find there was much of a scent to the bomb, and the melts didn't work as well as the melts that were in the Shoot for the Stars bomb. Don't get me wrong, this bomb makes the bath water silky but there's no colour to it and I just found it a bit boring. I don't think I'll be buying any of these this year.

Pictured: Rose Bombshell
Price: £4.25

It was obvious that this little ball of bicarbonate was going to make a comeback! I didn't try this last year as I went nowhere near anything with a rose scent, but if this bath bomb has the Rose Jam scent, I'll be all over it! This bomb contains many petals on the inside, so once your bath is lovely and pink, you'll also be laying in floating petals, so picturesque! I may grab two of these, just to give it a try and then hoard the other one for it I do like it!

Pictured: Cupid bath bomb
Price: £2.95

A new product! I love it when LUSH bring out new products! This little bomb looks so cute, I will look amazing drifting along the bath water. I'm not too sure what the scent will be like, with ingredients like violet leaf, rose petal powder and persian lime oil, I can't imagine what is going to overpower. I'd like it to be more lime, but I can imagine that Cupid is going to have a floral scent. I'm still going to grab a few and give them a go!

Pictured: Unicorn Horn bubble bar
Price: £4.25

I didn't buy any of these last year or the year before as I hated the lavender scent. However, after having a full on Twilight bath, I think I'm warming to it. I had a chunk of Unicorn Horn that I got in a swap on Depop and I quite liked it. The only issue that I have with this bubble bar is that it looks so magical and colourful.. Until you crumble it and actually use it. When Unicorn Horn is in the water, all the colours mix together and it goes a funny unattractive colour. It is worth it for the silkiness of the water though, so I would recommend this one!

Pictured: Ladybird bubble bar
Price: £3.95

I bought one of these last year when this was available for Mothers Day. For some reason, I didn't purchase any until I read that Ladybird (which I swear was called Ladybug last year) contained mint, and I love mint! This isn't straight forward mint scent though, this bubble bar also contains Geranium oil (which again, I swear is different from last year!) My Ladybird is still fully in tact, tucked away with the rest of my bubble bars, because I just couldn't bring myself to slice it up! I also didn't want to fall in love and then LUSH not bring it back out. Now that I know I will be able to grab a few more, I'm going to use this one literally tonight!

Pictured: Lovestruck bubble bar
Price: £4.25

This bubble bar looks intriguing! How cute! Lovestruck is packed with sicilian lemon oil, geranium oil and petitgrain oil, therefore I imagine this to be a fine line between floral and citrus. I hope that this is a good sized bubble bar, if this is the size of The Modfather, I won't be happy! for £4.25 I am expecting a really good sized bubble bar, and I know I am setting myself up for disappointment. But anyway, this is a new product so we all know I'm going to buy at least two!

Pictured: Two Hearts Beating as One bath melt
Price: £3.95

After seeing the photos that have been posted on Instagram of this product, I am so excited. This will be a bath melt that I will use alone, without a bubble bar and definitely no bath bomb to steal the show! This product looks amazing and with ingredients like apricot kernal oil and argan oil, I can imagine that this melt will have a soft fruit scent, I imagine fruit salad, and this make me super excited to fill my basket up! I also think that this is a really good price, as you could easily get 2-4 baths out of this product.


Pictured: Kiss Me Quick wash card
Price: £2.00

 This is another new product that I was really excited to see, until I saw that it was 'business card' size, so it's the size of a credit card. The price reflects this, therefore I'm not too mad, but I can't see me getting many uses out of this product. Kiss Me Quick is made up of fresh apple pulp, lemon oil and lime oil. When I saw that it included apple, I had all my fingers and toes crossed that this would have the So White scent, but the lemon and lime made me change my mind. I think I'll be stocking up on these are they are only £2 and I can't imagine they will come back again.


Pictured: The Kiss lip scrub
Price: £5.95


This is probably my least liked lip scrub that I own. I love the smell of it, it smells like a freshly opened packet of Love Heart sweets but when you apply to your lips and lick, it tastes so salty! I still have basically a full jar from last year so I don't think I'll be buying another pot.

Pictured: The Kiss lip gloss
Price: £5.95

This is another product that I probably won't purchase. I really like the consistency of the lip tints and lip glosses, but this colour does absolutely nothing for me. I really don't feel like I suit pink shades, especially not vibrant and bright pink colours like this one.  I can't rave about the product itself enough though, I own a couple and I really love them. They taste nice and feel really good on the lips.


Pictured: Love Spell massage bar
Price: £5.95

I am kind of a massage bar virgin. I own one, Soft Coeur, but I never ever use it. I think I've tried it out twice but I just find them messy and hard to store. I may purchase this one though. I think it's going to carry the Rose Jam scent, and if so I'll take them all! This would be the closest thing I could have to a Rose Jam body lotion! If this smells like a standard rose scent, I think I'll give it a miss.
Pictured: Prince Charming shower cream
Price: £5.50 for 100g, £10.95 for 250g, £18.50 for 500g and £32.95 for 1kg

I don't know how I feel about this product. I prefer shower gels to shower creams as I find that they lather up better and you get more for your money, personally. Until last year, this product was a shower gel and became a shower cream when it was released last Valentines Day. I've heard a lot that this product worked better as a shower gel and that version is much preferred. I feel like I would have liked the scent a bit more if it was in a gel form and not a cream. The mixture of marshamallow root (what does that even smell like?!) cocoa butter, grapefruit oil and pomegranate juice is just a bit odd for me. I think I'll stick with my little 100g bottle that I already have. 

Pictured: Love You, Love You Lots soap
Price: £4.25 for 100g

A new soap. Another soap that I'm more than definitely going to buy, stick in my soap basket and never use. I do this all the time with every kind of soap. I have soap I bought last Easter that I haven't even touched! Love You, Love You Lots is like rose power! With rose petals, rose syrup, rose petal infusion and rose oil, I probably won't like this product. But it's just so god damn cute I may have to buy a slice!

***

Now that you have the insight on all the products you can purchase, here are the gift sets that you can purchase for your significant other or for yourself, like I plan to!

Pictured: In Your Dream gift set
Price: £9.95
Includes: Unicorn Horn and Cupid


Pictured: Love and Kisses gift set
Price: £24.95
Includes: Prince Charming, Love Spell, Love You, Love You Lots and The Kiss lip scrub


Pictured: Happy Valentines Day gift set
Price: £24.95
Includes: Unicorn Horn, Lover Lamp, Sex Bomb and Rose Bombshell


Pictured: Lots of Love gift set
Price: £39.95
Includes: Lover Lamp, Rose Bombshell, Lovestruck, Prince Charming, Love You, Love You Lots and Cupid


Pictured: With Love gift set
Price: £11.95
Includes: Ro's Argan Body Conditioner and Love You, Love You Lots

I think the only gift set I may purchase will be the Lots of Love gift set. Even though the contents of the box only amount to £26.15, I really want that box! It's so cute and would be great to store my Valentines Day purchases in! It's a huge box and just look at it, beautiful!

I'll update you all at the end of the month with the items that I purchase and what I think of them. I'll make sure to let you all know before the products leave the stores and online what I think of the new products. Let me know in the comments down below what you plan to purchase, I'd love to know!

LUSH Valentines Day 2017 gets a ..
**

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog post, it is very appreciated! Make sure to follow so you can see the next time I post! ♥ xo

**Disclaimer: All views and opinionsare my own. All photo credit to LUSH Cosmetics**

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe