♥ LUSH Exclusive Body Lotions - First Impression!

September 09, 2018

I honestly didn't know whether I was going to get this blog post up today. I have been so poorly this last week and I've just gotten worse over the weekend. However, I need something to take my mind off it and what better way than talking about LUSH! As I'm sure you will all know, LUSH released 10 exclusive body lotions last Thursday and of course, I couldn't not pick some up for myself. They were dispatched super quick, arriving yesterday. I picked up five out of the then and I am really pleased I did. The other five I either already have or I'm not fussed about the scent.I made one order with three lotions and a perfume and then instantly regretted not purchasing another two, so I went back for more! I just have no self control..

Pictured - Noni I Washed the Kids body lotion
This lotion is one of the ones I was most excited for and one that I requested when Mark asked for our votes. I was sceptical about the scent working out when I saw that they were replacing the honey with noni fruit, which is often referred to as 'vomit fruit' due to the pungent scent, but this really does work! I would say that the lotion definitely smells like the body spray, very sweet and creamy and nothing like It's Raining Men. I really love this one and I am so happy it worked with the vegan replacement so everybody can enjoy it! I can't wait to get my hands on some fresh Shoot for the Stars bath bombs to have an entire HIWTK scented bath! 

Pictured - Lord of Misrule body lotion
I was in two minds as to whether I should purchase a Lord of Misrule body lotion as I already own the body conditioner and I actually use that as a lotion sometimes. I didn't purchase it in my initial order but had to go back and grab a pot. Lord of Misrule is one of my favourite scents and the body lotion does not disappoint! I can definitely smell that gorgeous scent, a combination of patchouli, black pepper oil and vanilla, it's perfect! I would say the lotion is scented perfectly to the body conditioner, it's a little more creamy than the body spray, which I find to be quite pungent. Lord of Misrule body lotion is going to be one of my most reached for lotions, I can tell already! I can't wait to have a proper Lord of Misrule bath once the Halloween products launch next weekend, I'm so excited!

Pictured - Butterball body lotion
I knew I wanted a Butterball body lotion as soon as I saw that it was being released. I have completely fallen in love with this scent after getting the body conditioner and the shower gel, it's the most gorgeous chocolate scent and pairs lovely with all my foodie Bath Bakes products! Again, the body lotions does not disappoint! Butterball smells exactly how I imagined it would, straight up chocolate heaven! This is probably my favourite lotion of the bunch - I wish I'd gotten myself two! Butterball lotion has came out just in time, with the Butterbear shower jelly coming out for Christmas and the usual Butterbear bath bomb, chocolate baths all around!

Pictured - Avocado No Wash body lotion
Avocado No Wash is the other lotion that I didn't initially purchase, but just had to go back and grab. LUSH really seem to be going in on this scent lately, after the out pour of love for the shower gel, I wasn't surprised to see this scent as an option. Avocado No Wash smells exactly like the gel, the sweetie scent is very strong and stays around on the skin after you've used it. I'm really please that I purchased this lotion to add to my little Avocado Co Wash family, I wouldn't be surprised if products from future launches (Valentines Day, Mothers Day etc) include a product with that scent. How amazing would a bubble bar be!

Pictured - Yog Nog body lotion
Okay, so I has heard nothing but good comments about Yog Nog body lotion. I heard that it was the most wonderful, creamy fudge scented product ever and it was the top of everybody's list of the lotion they loved the most. I was so keen to get my tub as this was another scent that I requested and Yog Nog is a scent that LUSH appear to be slowly killing off, so I want to grab everything I possibly can in this scent before they never bring it back again. I must admit, my first impression of this lotion was awful It smelt so savoury, quite like a korma kind of scent, I just couldn't bare the scent. I went back to it a few times throughout the day and it still smelt awfully savoury. I put it down to myself not being very well and thought I'd give it another go when I feel a bit better. I smelt it again this morning and thought yes, I can finally smell that buttery fudge scent! But now I'm smelling it again, we're back to savoury! I'm really disappointed in this as Yog Nog was the lotion I wanted to most, but I'm definitely going to give it another go when I'm feeling better. 

I think the thing that most people were concerned about was the texture and whether these lotions would be runny like the LUSH Kitchen ones always were or would they be thick? I can confirm that these lotions are the perfect consistency! They aren't runny, so much so that you can tip the pot upside down and no product will come out, but they're also not so thick that they're like a butter and you have to dig in to get product. I'm really impressed with the body lotions and I don't have a complaint at all!

Did you pick up any of the body lotions? If so, let me know what you think of them down in the comments!

**

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog post, it is very appreciated! Make sure to follow so you can see the next time I post! ♥ xo
**Disclaimer: All views, opinions and photos are my own.**

You Might Also Like

1 comments

Subscribe