♥ My Knot Wrap Collection!

November 19, 2017


I used to think that the knot wraps you could purchase from LUSH were just a more expensive and eco friendly version of wrapping paper, which essentially they are. LUSH market knot wraps as reusable and recyclable packaging for their products, a nice way to present a bundle of LUSH products you may purchase for someone. I never used to buy knot wraps at all, I didn't go for any gift sets that contained them and I actually sold a couple that I was given by my mums friend when she purchased a couple of gift sets a couple of years back. Now, I really wish I had held on to them, as knot wraps don't seem to come back the same year in year out, they differ. 

I have been collecting knot wraps for just shy of a year now, I have some seasonal and some vintage knot wraps that I purchased from my local store. They have a huge box full of knot wraps, some which are regular line and seasonal and quite a lot of vintage knot wraps. Some of the vintage knot wraps are seasonal from years past and some are knot wraps I've never seen before. 

Knot wraps are made from recycled plastic bottles, and the size of the knot wraps depends on the number of bottles that are used to create it. I have small knot wraps that are made from 1 500ml bottle and my biggest one was made from 6 500ml bottles. That might not sound like a big difference, but the knot wrap sizes are majorly different, one being the perfect size to wear in my hair and the other being big enough to cover my king size bed. Of course, the prices range based on the size of the wrap.

I collect knot wraps because I think they are really nice to wear in your hair and they look beautiful all pinned up and draping down my large cork board I have in my bedroom. As I do with gift boxes, I am trying to grab a knot wrap from every seasonal release LUSH do, so I have a few from Christmas this year and I hope to grab some with their Valentines Day collection in January, if they release one.

Now it's time for you to see which knot wraps I have collected! Let me know which one is your favourite!

Berry Christmas knot wrap - Christmas 2017
I am in love with the beautiful bright colours on this knot wrap! I knew I had to have it when I saw it at the Showcase back in September. This is a new addition to my collection, having only bought it a couple of days ago. I wish this was a size smaller so I could wear it in my hair, but I might buy another one and have my Mum shorten it. 

Pudding & Candy knot wrap -  Christmas 2015
This was an absolute find in the knot wrap box at my local LUSH! I've never seen this knot wrap before, but the candy canes sold me straight away! I love the bright neon green and the fuchsia colours that have been used to create this Christmas pattern! This is a one for certain I will be wearing in my hair this festive season.

Evergreen knot wrap - Christmas 2017
This may be one of my favourite knot wraps, especially for wearing in my hair! I love how festive this knot wrap is and I think it'll be perfect for wearing in my hair on Christmas day. I love the mistletoe images and the bright green and red that has been used. I'm very happy I got this knot wrap!

Koi knot wrap - 2017
The Koi knot wrap is a not wrap that was hand made by the Organic Cotton Project in Fukushima, made with bespoke Japanese cotton. I grabbed myself one of these as I thought it would be limited edition and I didn't want to miss out on a Japanese special. Although this isn't my favourite knot wrap, I do love the cause behind it and the colours are pretty.

Pretty as a Picture knot wrap - 2016
Pretty as a Picture is one of the most stunning knot wraps I own, it really does suit it's name. This is a regular line knot wrap, so anybody can get their hands on it if they want one. I love the floral design and the colours. I've worn this one in my hair a couple of times, but it's a bit too long for my liking, so it spends most of it's time pinned up on my cork board.

Botanical knot wrap - 2017
When LUSH released this knot wrap, I think everybody went crazy! We have seen this beautiful pattern on tote bags, LUSH t-shirts and the limited edition self preserving tubs of Ocean Salt, Mask of Magnaminty and Dream Cream. This pattern was a hit with us Lushies, as if I even need to say that! The stunning art work makes for a beautiful knot wrap and I am super happy to have it in my collection.

Bundle of Fun knot wrap - Easter 2017
I bought a gift set full of FUN purely for this knot wrap! How beautiful and bright is this one! I was sold when I saw the bunnies printed on it, but I really do love the vibrant shades of colour used. This is another knot wrap that I love to wear in my hair, especially in the summer months to add a pop of colour to my outfit.

The Snowman knot wrap - Christmas 2017
Another recent purchase is this knot wrap, which I couldn't say no to as it has super cute pictures of some LUSH products that have been released this year. The Snowman has images of Butterbear, Man in the Moon, Snow Angel and Snowman. I love how bright these colours are and I think it's the perfect bounce of colour for the winter.

The Morton knot wrap -  Fathers Day 2017
How stunning is this knot wrap? Another one that I wear in my hair often is The Morton. I love the deep blue and pop of pink and green. I think this would also make the most perfect pocket handkerchief for a man in a suit, it's lovely! 

La Guadeloupe knot wrap - Vintage
I found this knot wrap a few months back in my local store. I have no idea where this one came from, what season it was released for or what year it was made. The label doesn't even state how many plastic bottles it was made from, so I think it's a super old one! I love the bright colours and that it's so very different from the rest I have in my collection.

Mark knot wrap - Fathers Day 2017
Another gorgeous knot wrap that I own is Mark, named after Mark Constantine himself. I also wear this one in my hair as it is the perfect size and I love wearing it with my black dungarees and a plain white t-shirt to give my outfit a pop of colour. This is also the same pattern that is on the Dirty gift box from the same seasonal release. 

Fairyshiki knot wrap - Christmas 2012
I had no idea what year this knot wrap is from but I knew it was a vintage one, so I had to grab it when I saw it. I knew it was vintage because in one corner 'knotwrap by lush' is printed and it is in their signature font, whereas later knot wraps use the block lettering. Upon some research, I found that this knot wrap dates as far back as 2012, so I was super shocked that my local LUSH still had this hanging around! I think I'm going to wrap up a bottle in this knot wrap and leave it for show as the photos I have seen of this being done look super cute!

Mystic knot wrap - Halloween 2017
This is the only knot wrap I purchased at the Showcase this year. I love this knot wrap! It is my go to knot wrap for wearing in my hair. I love with blue, pink and purple combination of colours and the gold stars and moons are a super cute touch. I am quite interested in tarot reading and this knot wrap made me think of that as soon as I saw it, so I knew I needed it in my collection. If you can grab this one, I would if I was you!

It's Christmas Deer - Christmas 2016
This is the knot wrap that started my collection. I saw this last Christmas and knew I had to have it. I had it pinned up on my wall all of the festive season and to this date it's still one of my faves. This is one of the knot wraps that kind of comes back every year, just with a different style, as you will see with the next knot wrap..

It's Christmas Deer knot wrap - Christmas 2017
And this is this years version of the It's Christmas Deer knot wrap! I much prefer last years but I do like how this years version has all the reindeer printed on it. I will be hanging this one up for Christmas this year also, alongside the one from last year. They're going to look really nice together.

Butterbear knot wrap - Christmas 2017
I really think that this knot wrap is my favourite. I first saw this at the Showcase and knew I needed it. This knot wrap is huge, and I'm not even exaggerating. This one is big enough to cover my king size bed! I think I may sew it to a large blanket I have so it can be used as a bed throw, because it's just far too gorgeous to not do anything with it.

Flowers for You knot wrap - Mothers Day 2017
This is another massive knot wrap that I own, possibly the biggest with 6 500ml bottles being used to make this one. I very nearly paid nearly £80 for the gift set that came wrapped in this gorgeous knot wrap, but I'm glad I didn't when I saw that this knot wrap soon became available to purchase alone. I love this knot wrap and would love to have it framed when I move out.

Satsuma knot wrap - Christmas 2016
My final knot wrap is quite possibly the most boring of them all. This knot wrap came with the Oxford Street exclusive bath bomb Satsuma last Christmas, and the only way you could purchase this bath bomb was if you bought it along with the knot wrap, so i bought a few in the Boxing Day sale last year. The bath bomb was just as boring as the knot wrap! 

Do you have a knot wrap collection? Do we have any of the same? I'd love to know down in the comments what your favourite knot wrap is and what you use yours for!

**
You can find the LUSH knot wraps on their website here.
**

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog post, it is very appreciated! Make sure to follow so you can see the next time I post! ♥ xo

**Disclaimer: All views, opinions and photos are my own.**


You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Hi, I am selling my knot wrap collection. I was wondering if you could help me figure out the year of release of Climate Change Vivienne Westwood and Thank You (the mother's Day knotwrap where the flowers are in a different language)

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe