♥ October Favourites!

November 04, 2017


October is one of my all time favourite months, it's the peak of Autumn and the Halloween season is upon us! I love everything about October, the chilly days, the dark nights and being able to wrap up well!

Pictured - Honey I Washed the Kids shower jelly

I have been in search of this shower jelly for so long! I managed to grab myself one in a destash and then the LUSH Kitchen decided to release it on their very last week of Kitchen Menus. Whilst I have had issues with my second shower jelly, which we will not go into, I adore the scent of this jelly! This one has made it straight to my favourite! The scent works so well in a jelly format, I can't understand why they have never made this product before?! I am a lover of all things Honey I Washed the Kids scented at the moment, and LUSH, you need to release the liquid perfume asap! This jelly was the perfect addition to my collection and I can't stop using it! I have used it to wash my hair with and that worked amazingly, although it won't be becoming a usual thing as the product is too precious! If you also have a love for all things HIWTK, I would suggest trying it with LOM, I paired these two together and loved it!

Pictured - Pumpkin carving

One of my favourite, and Reece's least favourite things to do when the Halloween season is upon us is to carve pumpkins! I usually just do a face or a mouse or something simple, but I thought this year I would try and push myself a little and I decided to do the Harry Potter logo, which both my mum and Reece said I wouldn't be able to do. Needless to say I gloated a little when, in my opinion, this turned out so great! I also carved a tiny wee Harry with his glasses and scar! Reece carved his music logo into his, which if you would like to check out his music, you can here. I took my pumpkins into work for a competition and unfortunately didn't win, but it's the taking part that counts and I did receive a tonne of compliments on my art work! I was very tempted to grab some more when I saw them down to 10p in Tesco and force Reece to carve once again, but I realised they had all turned to mush so it would have been pointless. I guess I'll have to wait until next year!

Pictured - Stranger Things

After over a year of Reece telling me Stranger Things was well worth the hype and was actually a really good show, I finally gave in and we ended up watching the entire first season in two days. I was hooked from the first episode! Stranger Things is not like I thought it was, which is why I held off watching it for so long. I thought it was all about aliens and UFO's, when in fact the story is about a little kid who gets taken to a parallel universe and how his family and friends work out where he is and how to get him back to reality. If you haven't given it a watch, I dare you to go and try the first episode, you'll be hooked just like I was! We've now started the second season which I'm sure we'll be finished with in a couple of days.

Pictured - LUSH Halloween

I have been obsessed with LUSH's Halloween release this year! There were so many great products this year! The return of Monsters Ball was a hit with everybody, I don't think I've came across a person who doesn't like that Calacas scented bomb. Of course, Lord of Misrule made a come back and so did Pumpkin, which I was slightly surprised about! We also saw the come back of the beautiful Magic Wand soap and the Lord of Misrule shower cream. Although we had a lot of returning products, we also had some new products that I picked up to hoard for a little while! Bewitched was new this year, a black bubble bar in the shape of a cats face, boasting the Sultana of Skin scent. We also had Ectoplasm, a jelly bomb with a very peculiar lime scent that I do quite enjoy and a pink twist on the Sparkly Pumpkin in the shape of Pink Pumpkin, how original on the name LUSH! I think this has been one of the best Halloween releases and every year there seems to be new products being added and releases just keep getting bigger and better!

**

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog post, it is very appreciated! Make sure to follow so you can see the next time I post! ♥ xo

**Disclaimer: All views, opinions and photos are my own.**

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe