♥ January Favorites

February 01, 2017


Seeing as though I didn't post a December favourites, as I posted a 'What I Got For Christmas' haul, I thought I would share with you all the items that I have fallen in love with this January. January has been a long, stressful and busy month for me! I'm finally starting to settle into my new job, Reece was over for over a week and January is the start of all my families birthdays, so I've been visiting family a lot! I have managed to squeeze in a lot of baths and grabbed a few new items in the sales, treating myself with my first proper pay!


Pictured: Honey I Washed the Kids solid perfume, Shoot for the Stars bath bomb and Its Raining Men shower gel

When I first starting using LUSH, I was all for the Snow Fairy scent. Then I progressed onto The Comforter and started broadening my scent options by trying out any product I could get my hands on. A scent range that I never really tried was Honey I Washed the Kids. Back in September, the solid perfume was available in the LUSH Kitchen, and as I was grabbing a Rose Jam solid, I grabbed a Honey I Washed the Kids one also as they were still in stock. I fell completely in love with the scent and it is probably my most used solid perfume. I always have it in my handbag and I am desperately on the search for the liquid version. When the Shoot for the Stars bath bomb came out as part of the Christmas range, on first sniff I knew I loved it. Shoot for the Stars is the most photogenic bath bomb I have ever used, I've never had a bath with this bomb and not got perfect photographs. As I loved both of these products a lot, I grabbed a 250g bottle of It's Raining Men shower gel in November when I visited the LUSH Spa in Edinburgh with Reece. This scent is sweet honey with a slight soft barely there orange scent. It's beautiful, a really gorgeous scent that does well in any format that LUSH put it into. I couldn't recommend this scent range enough.


Pictured: Wengwood Orange Pekoe, Twinings Lemon Green Tea, Twinings Blood Orange and Cranberry, Twinings Pure Peppermint and Wedgwood Wild Strawberry tea bags

My stepdad decided that he wanted to stop drinking so much coffee and decided to try out some fruit flavoured teas. I've been wanting to try some fruity tea for a while now so I thought this was a perfect opportunity! I have tried to make lemon iced tea before and it was absolutely awful, so i was kind of knocked off the idea of fruity tea. However, this time around I actually really like it. We have tried blood orange and cranberry, lemon green tea, wild strawberry and peppermint. My favourite by far is the Twinings blood orange and cranberry tea. It's so lovely and refreshing. It does have a slight tea taste, which I don't mind, but you can really taste the fruit in these bags. If you're looking for a healthier version to coffee, I would recommend trying out some Twinings tea, they have so many flavours to choose from, including chocolate flavours!


Pictured: Ponche shower gel 500g

One of the only products I wanted in the LUSH Boxing Day sale, was a bottle of Ponche shower gel. I have wanted to try this shower gel for as long as I can remember, and the last time that this was available to buy in the store, I was in my Snow Fairy stage, so if I even looked at it I wouldn't have been interested. After hearing so many Lushies rave about this scent in the shower gel format and the perfume, I knew I would love it. Unfortunately, I was unable to grab a bottle before Christmas due to my pay day being the last working day of the month and on Boxing Day when I tried to get on the site, there were more than 42,000 people in the queue ahead of me! I accepted my fate that me and Ponche were not meant to be - sad face! So in my misery, I visited my local LUSH store to see if they had any sale items left over, which they did! I was super happy to grab a Papa Noel, Santas Belly and another tub of Snow Fairy Body Conditioner. I went to the till, pleased with my products and super excited that one of the lovely ladies had told me they were getting a delivery later that day and it was likely that there would be some more Christmas stock coming in later on that day. Another lovely lady behind the till asked if I managed to grab anything online from the Boxing Day sales and I explained how I came into the store and the queue to get online was far too long, so I missed out on the only item I wanted, Ponche. The lady who told me about the delivery then handed me this HUGE 500g bottle of Ponche. I didn't know what to say. It didn't register at first that she had said, 'This is for you, this is a random act of kindness as you're always tagging us in your photographs on Instagram and always in the store.' I just wanted to smell it and oh my, I was happy. I literally nearly cried. I kept trying to say thank you and stop looking like a complete idiot who was about to cry over a bottle of shower gel! I have never been so thankful for a gift before, I've never been so grateful to be part of a community where the brand really does take notice of their customers and goes out of their way to make their customers day. Every bath I've had since I was gifted this bottle, I've wanted to use it, but I can't bare the thought of having none left! This shower gel has a tangy orange scent with a definite spice of tequila. It's all I thought it would be and more! I am in love with a shower gel and I am not ashamed of it! You should all check out my local LUSH on Instagram, @carlislelush.

Pictured: Celebrity Big Brother logo
Photo credit: Google Images

I am a huge reality TV junkie. I love TV shows like Geordie Shore, TOWIE, (although its starting to bore me now) Ex On The Beach and plenty more. So Big Brother is right up my street. I never sued to watch the celebrity version as it was always celebrities that I either didn't know or that were old and boring and in there because of their status, not because they would make an entertaining character. I only really started to watch the celebrity version when Big Brother changed over to 5. This season is probably one of the best, in my opinion. The producers decided to mix 'all star' housemates, celebrities that had been in the house before like Speidi, Heidi and Spencer Pratt from The Hills, a TV show I used to watch religiously when it was still being aired, Jedward, the X Factor reject twins, Nicola McClean, an ex glamour model and Calum Best, George Best's son and self proclaimed ladies man who wishes to change the public perception of himself. The new housemates have seen the likes of Ray J, singer and probably most known for taking part in the infamous sex tape with Kim Kardashian which basically made her famous, Angie Best, Calum's mum and wife of the late George Best and Chloe Ferry, a Geordie Shore star. I think this has been the most explosive season yet! When Kim Woodburn, from the TV show How Clean is Your House? entered the house, my god she caused a ruckus, arguing with anybody that looked her way! I am rooting for either Nicola or Calum  to win as I think they have both made great housemates this season and they're both really likable characters. I also think it would really piss Kim off if Nicola won! Many people think that this TV show is a pile of crap and a waste of time watching, but seriously if you haven't watched this season I really recommend catching up on Demand 5 and seeing all the chaos that has gone on!


Pictured: 'The Walking Dead' game and ThatcherJoeGames
Photo credit: Google Images and Joe Sugg 'ThatcherJoeGames'

Firstly, I am not a gamer. The furthest I have stretched in playing games is The Sims and Harry Potter LEGO. I once played Call of Duty with my little cousin and he told me to leave him to play alone as I kept shooting him - oops! I fyou have read a previous blog post of mine titled Youtubers You Should Be Watching, you will be familiar with Joe Sugg. Joe has three channels, a main channel, a vlogging channel and a gaming channel with a combined subscriber count of 12,880,596 at the time of this blog post being written. I am subscribed to a few gaming channels as I like gamers who have The Sims series, as I think it's funny to see how they create the characters and houses and you can get great tips from gamers who know what they are doing, when you play yourself. In 2015 I got completely into a series that Joe was putting on YouTube of a game called The Last of Us. I was so invested in this game series that I considered buying it for Reece for Christmas that year and actually got my Mum to get him a copy, so that when we move in together I can play it as I don't own an XBOX or a PlayStation. I am even more invested in this game series. I watched the first episode of Joe playing the third season and over that weekend binge watched the first and second series, in two days! That is so many hours of game time as some of the episodes are nearly an hour long! The graphics on the game are as if the images were pulled straight from a graphic novel and the story line is so gripping, you get attached to the characters. What I like about this series is that the player has the option to input the choices you made in the first game, into the second game. It flows really well and the game layout tells the story in a well put manner. Watching this game series has really made me consider watching the TV show. Both my Mum and Reece love this TV show but I never really considered it to be my kind of thing, but after seeing the game play I'm reconsidering that! You can find Joe's gaming channel here, I would really recommend watching this series of The Walking Dead, or if that's not your kind of thing his The Sims or The Last of Us series are also really good! Joe has created playlists with all the episodes so you definitely won't miss one!

January has been a long ass month and I can't wait to see the back of it! There are lots of products that I want to get my hands on in February, so hopefully my February favorites will be up in a few weeks! 
**

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog post, it is very appreciated! Make sure to follow so you can see the next time I post! ♥ xo

**Disclaimer: All views, opinions and photos unless otherwise stated, are my own.**

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe