♥ Boxing Day Haul!

December 27, 2017

I am one of those sad people, who leaves the house in the early AM on Boxing Day and goes shopping. I know that Boxing Day shopping is frowned upon by a lot of people, and trust me, I wasn't a fan of Boxing Day shoppers when I worked in retail, but I really do enjoy going out and grabbing some bargains on Boxing Day and I wait all year for the LUSH Boxing Day sale! This year I planned ahead and put some money on a gift card to ensure I had some LUSH money and I was also given money from a few people for Christmas so that went towards my haul too.

I popped into a few shops on Boxing Day and I picked up some really good bargains and some things I have been eyeing up for a while! I love seeing what other people get in the sales, so I thought I would share with you all what I managed to pick up.

Pictured - Animal Hooks from Next
I never usually go into Next on Boxing Day as the store opens at 6am and by the time I get round to it, there is usually not a thing left. One year when I was working at M&S, I started work at 6am so I saw the queue for Next. I have never seen a queue like it! This year, I went Boxing Day shopping with my Mum and she wanted a look in. I was surprised by how much stock they had left by the time we got there. I had a browse at the clothes and couldn't find anything that caught my eye and then I saw they had brought some of the home sale downstairs to the women's clothing area so I took a look. There wasn't much left but when I saw these hooks I knew I needed them! Not only were they a total bargain, originally priced at £14 and down to £4, I have actually been looking for something like this for a long time! I think they will look lovely on the wall for keys!

Pictured - Paddington slippers from Marks and Spencer
Up until this year I had never seen the Paddington movie. It was a long running standstill with Reece as when the first film came into the cinema, I asked him if he wanted to go and see it, to which he replied,' No, it's a kids film.' We ended up going to see another film, which I can't even remember what it was, it was that impressionable! A few months later he text me and said he was watching it with his Mum, that it was a really good film and we should watch it some times. Can you imagine how far my eyes rolled to the back of my head? So I point blank refused to watch the film with him, that was until this year when the second one came out and I really wanted to see it! I thoroughly enjoyed both films very much! I initially really wanted the Paddington tree decoration that Marks and Spencer were selling, but after checking both the Belfast and Carlisle stores, I accepted that it was sold out and it was not meant to be. So when I saw these in Marks and Spencer, the last pair left and in my size, I knew this was meant to be! These super cute slippers are so comfy and really keep my feet warm, I love them!

Pictured - Shoes and boots from Primark
I go through shoes like there is no tomorrow! I bought a pair of boots at the beginning of October and they're already ready for the bin! As shoes don't last me very long at all, I begrudge paying a lot of money for them. I have had £50 shoes and £2 shoes and the all last me the same amount of time, a couple of months and then the soles start to break or come off. Myself and my Mum popped into Primark because she wanted to take a look at the towels and I didn't intend on buying anything while I was in there. I have enough clothes to do me for a life time and I always end up picking up random bits and bobs in Primark and then get to the till and I've spent £30! However, when I saw these shoes and saw the prices, I couldn't pass these up! The grey loafers and the black pair were only £5 each, the burgundy boots were £6 and the slip on shoes with the pretty bee detail were only £3! Can you believe I got four pairs of shoes for £19! I nearly always wear dresses, skirts or pinafores so I'm glad I have some shoes in these styles to wear with them. 

Pictured - Winter Wonder Hand hand cream, This Is Your Year desk calendar and Merry & Bright bubble bath from Zoella Beauty & Zoella Lifestyle
I put off purchasing any Zoella Beauty products this year, apart from the Snow'ella body mist, as I knew they would all go in the sale and be super cheap! Last year I picked up most of the collection in the Boxing Day sale and spent barely anything! This year I grabbed myself the hand cream, as I got the hand cream last year in the gingerbread scent and I really liked the consistency. My hands have been really dry as of late so I can see myself using this one a lot. I picked up the desk calendar as I thought it would be perfect for my desk at work. All the ladies on my team have really nice desk calendars and when I saw that Zoe had released this one, I really wanted to grab it for mine! I think when I am finished with the calendar, I'll snip the little quotes off and frame them as they are far too cute to throw away! I'm also really pleased I was able to pick up this lovely bottle of bubble bath too. Not only is the scent really gorgeous and fresh, but the bottle is super cute too! I actually went and picked another one of these up as I love it that much.

Pictured - Wonderful Christmas Time gift set from LUSH
When I was looking through my list of gift sets that I wanted to purchase from LUSH this year, I thought this one was so good for the money. This gift was originally £99.50 at full price, so for a little less than £50 in the sale, I bagged myself 19 bath products! I really badly wanted this gift! I love the products that are inside it and I really love the box too! When I got to LUSH, there was already a queue outside so I honestly didn't think I'd be able to get this gift. I thought there was only one in the store and I was certain it would have already have been chosen. To my surprise, it was the first gift I saw when I made my way to the gift section! I was so relieved that it was still there! I love the selection of bath bombs and bubble bars in this set and I'm also super pleased that they included Intergalactic and The Comforter from the main line and a good old Lord of Misrule! This is the most expensive gift I've ever bought from LUSH and I'm so pleased that it's mine!

Pictured - 12 Days of Christmas gift set from LUSH
Not going to lie, this was a total panic buy! I had already grabbed my Wonderful Christmas Time and some other bits, I had no intention of purchasing this gift at all! As lovely as the contents are, there were other things that I wanted more. Unfortunately, my store didn't have some of the stuff that I wanted, so when I saw this as I was making my way to the till, I grabbed it and shoved it in my basket. I don't even regret it at all! I'm glad to have another Christmas Sweater, as when I went to grab some singular ones, they were all gone! I also forgot to pick up Golden Wonder and Shoot for the Stars, so that's another plus! I also really like this box this year and it looks really good with my LUSH box collection. I'm happy I grabbed this, I think I would have regretted it if I never.

Pictured - Stardust gift set from LUSH
Every single year I try and get this gift and every single year I am disappointed when there are none in my store. This year, my store had so many of these it would have been hard to leave without it! When I was queueing outside, I spied the Stardust gift and asked my Mum to take a closer look and see if there were a few, when she came back and told me there were 'loads', I didn't believe her, but she wasn't lying! They easily had 20-30 of these sets. I love the box this year! I love how bright it is and the star shape is so cute! The products inside were good too, a really nice selection of sweet scented treats! 
Pictured - Dreamscape gift set from LUSH
I was surprised to see this one lonely Dreamscape gift sitting on the shelf! I think it had been left as there was no tag on it, so people didn't know what was inside and also didn't know the price. I knew by the knot wrap what this gift was, as that was the main reason I wanted this set. The Dreamscape knot wrap was only available with this set and it is a really stunning one! I don't think I'll have been the only one to purchase this set purely for the wrap. The contents of the gift were lovely too! It always surprises me when regular line products end up in the sale, and as three quarters of this gift are regular line, I snapped it up! You never ever get regular line products any less than half price unless they were made before October of that year and then they may end up in the sale. I'm really glad I got to give this lonely and untagged gift a home.
Pictured - Starry Night gift set from LUSH
Starry Night is a gift set that has been on my Boxing Day list since the Creative Showcase back in September. I adore this knot wrap! It's the perfect size to wear in my hair and I really love the colours in it, purple is my favourite! The contents of this gift are lovely too, I'm glad to have another Twilight Sparkle Jar and I'm intrigued to try the Twilight naked shower gel. Last year I would have turned my nose up at this gift set, but since buying Luxury Lush Pud in the sale last year, I have become rather fond of the Twilight scent family and much more of a fan of lavender. I think I may even pick up another one if my store have any more.

Pictured - Miscellaneous products from LUSH
These are the products that I loved so much I needed to pick up separately! I picked up four Luxury Lush Pud bath bombs as I only got two last year and I deeply regretted it as I ended up loving it so much! I picked up two Thundersnow as I love this scent this year, the combination of sweet mint and chocolate is gorgeous, if anybody from LUSH is reading this, please make more products in this scent! I had to grab two more Plum SnowMan in the Moon and My Two Front Teeth bubble bars as these three are some of my favourites from this year and I don't want to be without them! I also picked up two large tubs of Bucks Fizz body conditioner as this is by far my favourite body conditioner that LUSH have made, the scent and the way it leaves your skin feeling is incredible and I know I'll go through this super quick! I may even pick up another tub!

And that is all folks! That is everything that I picked up in the Boxing Day sales this year. I'm really pleased with what I got, although I would have liked to have picked up some more LUSH, I got a good amount and definitely enough to last me a while!

What did you get in the sales? Did you go into LUSH? If so, let me know what you picked up down in the comments below!

**

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog post, it is very appreciated! Make sure to follow so you can see the next time I post! ♥ xo
**Disclaimer: All views, opinions and photos are my own.**

You Might Also Like

1 comments

Subscribe