♥ LUSH Kitchen Exclusive Body Sprays - Review!

December 16, 2017

When the LUSH employees teased a Lord of Misrule body spray all them months ago in an Instagram picture, I have waited for them to create even more stunning sprays than they did after the initial release. I wear my Plum Rain body spray every single day, it is my go to scent to wear and lasts a lot longer than any perfume I have, so I knew I would get great use out of more body sprays if they were ever to be released. It was like all my dreams came true when LUSH Kitchen released the information that there was going to be three exclusive body sprays available for purchase and then the scents were released. When they released the scents, Snow Fairy, Lord of Misrule and So White, I knew I would love each and every bottle as these three are some of my favourite scent families. I tried damn hard to get these sprays and it took my whole lunch break and a sneaky order at my desk to ensure I would get one of every spray. I have left it a while to talk about these sprays as I really wanted to give each scent a fair test before I gave a 'final verdict' on the products.

Snow Fairy body spray (RRP: £15)
Let's start with the most popular, Snow Fairy! This is a cult classic scent, therefore I am not surprised that LUSH decided to make this scent into a body spray format. Whenever the perfume is released it sells like hot cakes and you can guarantee at this time of the year, the Kitchen is swarming in requests for this perfume, so this was a very clever move for LUSH! Being totally honest, Snow Fairy was the bottle I was least excited about. As much as I love the scent, I really wasn't as excited to get it and smell it and wear it as much as I was the other two, so I was pleasantly surprised to adore it as much as I do. The Snow Fairy body spray is very true to scent, if anything a little sweeter. You definitely get that very sweet bubblegum scent from the very first spray and it lasts all day when sprayed on my clothes. I have been complimented on this scent quite a few times when I have been wearing it. I really wished I was able to grab myself a back up bottle as I have been reaching for this one the most I have found. I like to spray myself 4 - 5 times with the spray and add a touch of the solid perfume to the tips of my hair (if I'm wearing my hair down) for a long lasting scent that carries right throughout the day. 

Lord of Misrule body spray (RRP: £20)
Lord of Misrule is definitely up there in my top 5 favourite scents. I was so excited when a photo was posted on Instagram months ago, before the release of the initial body sprays, teasing that this would be a thing. I think many Lushies have been waiting for this to be created as it is such a gorgeous scent. I knew this spray would be a little more expensive than the others, but I really don't think this has a bad price tag! Lord of Misrule body spray is also very true to scent, once it has been on the skin a while and is left to sink in. I found when I first sprayed this bottle, it did have a little bit of an alcohol tone to it, which is expected as most perfumes and body scents do contain alcohol. I found that for the first 5 - 10 minutes of spraying, this smelt much more like Metamorphosis than it did Lord of Misrule, which I was kind of mad at. After leaving it to sink in for a little while, the vanilla notes started to come through and were much stronger, sweetening the scent a lot and removing the sharp essence that had initially settled. After a little time, the layers that make Lord of Misrule what it is, definitely come through and you can smell the patchouli and black pepper. I bought a second bottle before I had even smelt this and I am so happy that I did. I need an unlimited supply of this beautiful scent!

So White body spray (RRP: $15)
And the final body spray that the LUSH Kitchen have released is So White. I was quite surprised to see that this was one of the scent choices, as they had decided to discontinue the very much loved bath bomb from the Christmas collection this year. That really tugged on my heart strings as So White is such a beautiful scent and I really enjoyed the bath bomb. I think it may have had something to do with the redesign and changing the colour inside of the bomb from a vibrant red, which made gorgeous bath art to a very light neon green, which in whole honesty, I wasn't that much of a fan of. I was really sad to see that it never came back as I think So White is one of the freshest scents that LUSH have created and it reminds me so much of a cold crisp morning. I know they released Once Upon a Time body lotion which is So White scented this year, but it's not a perfect scent comparison to the bomb and the shower jelly, so I really felt like I was missing something this year. As much as I was surprised, I was super happy as this body spray means I can smell like the bath bomb all day long! So White body spray has a very true to bath bomb and shower jelly scent, it definitely carries that crisp and ripe green apple scent that smells so fresh and sharp! While this spray doesn't last on the skin as much as I would like it to and I am not able to add a little solid to my hair for extra scent as it was pulled from production at last minute, I do still really love this spray! I also grabbed a back up bottle of this one and I am really glad I did!

Overall I am very impressed with all of the body sprays that the LUSH Kitchen have created in this batch. They all smell exactly like their scent families and are so strong you only need a few squirts, so your bottle is going to last a lot longer than you would think. I did also manage to pick up a Lord of Misrule solid perfume and  Twilight solid perfume which was released in replacement of So White not being available. I would have grabbed a Snow Fairy but I already have one. If I could ask LUSH to create any other body sprays, I would definitely ask for Calacas, American Cream, The Comforter, Celebrate and Honey I Washed the Kids, that's not too much to ask for, right?

Did you pick up any of the body sprays? If so, what is your favourite? And if you're not a fan of any of these scents, what body spray do you want LUSH to create next?

**

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog post, it is very appreciated! Make sure to follow so you can see the next time I post! ♥ xo

**Disclaimer: All views, opinions and photos are my own.**

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Thanks for sharing. They brought these out in Australia as a boxing day online exclusive, and I was lucky enough to get 2 x LOM and 1 x So White spray, can't wait- should get them this week sometime!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh lovely! I hope you love them just as much as I do! They're beautiful scents! ♥

      Delete

Subscribe