♥ Christmas Bedroom Decor!

December 10, 2017

I absolutely love Christmas and everything there is about it. I love going and getting gifts for everybody, I love picking out my wrapper paper (which I take very seriously!) and then wrapping up all the gifts I have bought, including string and bows! I love how festive everywhere gets, where you go into all the shops and the Christmas songs are playing and everybody is buying their gifts. I love when the Christmas drinks come out in the coffee shops and of course when the LUSH Christmas products are released! I start to get excited for Christmas in the Summer, I wait and wait for Autumn as it's my favourite season and then before I know it we're in the festive season and it's nearly time for the big day! 

One thing I have really enjoyed doing over the past couple of years, is decorating my bedroom. I used to use our old faux Christmas tree as my parents would buy a real one and put it up in my bedroom, stick my Christmas bedding on and wrap fairy lights around everything I possibly could! This year, I have gone all out and I am in love with how my bedroom looks, so I thought I would share with you all what I have added to my room to make it feel extra festive!

 I bought a 7ft tree for my bedroom, I know, over the top, but it will be perfect for when I move out. I have 600 warm white lights on it, a combination of vintage decorations on my tree that were my Grandma's, some that I salvaged from my Dad's house and some new tree decorations that I have purchased this year from Wilkinson's and Tesco's as their decorations this year have been gorgeous and so super cheap for the quality! I am obsessed with my tree! I love that it's huge, bushy and has pine cones and berries on it to give an extra added touch. 

Here you can get a proper look at some of the baubles I have on my tree this year. The first photo is of one of the old baubles I got from my Dad's house with a little Nutcracker decoration I bought from Tesco this year. The second photo is another decoration from my Dad's and a lovely gold acorn that is my Mums. The third photos shows a gold snowflake decoration, these are scattered all over my tree and are my Mum's and you can also see a sequin bauble that is filled with gold stars that I got last year from Wilkinsons. The final photo is of this gorgeous bauble I bought from Tesco this year, that has Santa's face on the back and is filled with snow!

I think the thing I love the most about my bedroom has to be my festive bedding and scatter cushions. I have a bedding set I bought from Marks and Spencer a couple of years back that I still really love, but I fancied a new bedding set this year and George at ASDA had some beautiful bedding this year. I planned on getting a set that had elfs all over it, but it was unavailable in my bedding size when I went to ASDA so I purchased this super cute bedding with fawns and Christmas trees all over it. It's super cute and I'm really happy I ended up purchasing this set instead! I also didn't intend on getting as many cushions as I did, but I just couldn't not stick them in my trolley when I saw them. I love the large one that actually lights up!

I have also added some festive fun to my window this year, with some window stickers! Someone at work bought these for the office windows and I really liked them, they are Santa and his reindeer's riding through the night sky. I managed to track them down and got some for myself. I also have some small quote plaques that I bought from TKMaxx last year on my window sill along with some really cute and super glittery tree ornaments that I got from my Dad's house last year. I have my garland that has lights throughout and some small baubles hanging on the top of my radiator. Simple but effective!

Would it really be Christmas without an advent calendar? I had a Lindt one last year and I loved it, I really like the silky chocolate that they make so I grabbed another one this year. After purchasing my Lindt calendar, I saw in my corner shop that they had a Kinder one! I have been looking for years for a Kinder advent calendar so I snapped this one right up! I've actually managed to keep these going this year, I usually forget about them!

One of my most favourite things about Christmas has to be buying all the gifts for everyone and wrapping them up. I think I may have gone a bit overboard this year, but I love buying things for other people that I know will make them happy. As much as I loved having all these gifts under the Christmas tree, I am quite pleased that I have started dishing them out because they were becoming a bit of a pain to have lying on the floor! I still have a few to hand out so under my tree still looks quite full! 

As I said, I love wrapping up gifts so I really take time to select my wrapping paper. It's usually the first thing that I buy and always from Marks and Spencer, but this year I was quite disappointed in the selection that they had so I ended up buying from various places. The first two rolls are from Wilkinsons and I have used this paper for my friends. The next two rolls are from Home Bargains and I have used the red roll for my best friends daughter and the blue roll for her newborn son and the final three gold and white rolls I have used for Reece's presents. I think with all the paper (apart from the ones for the kids) I can use these throughout the year as wrapping paper for birthday gifts so none of it will be going to waste.

I don't have much empty surface space in my bedroom, apart from the top of the drawers that hoard my ever growing LUSH collection. On top of here I have two storage boxes that are made to look like books, The Night Before Christmas and A Christmas Carol. These boxes are filled with all the ribbon, bows and gift tags for decorating my parcels. I also have a super cute slate plaque that I bought from Poundland (can you believe it?!) that says Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year, which I think is really cute! I then have my Yankee Candle of choice in my cute Christmas candle holder that I bought last year. My Yankee Candle of choice (for now) is Nutcracker, which smells like sweet berries and fresh pine, which isn't usually a combination I would go for, but the sweet berries tone down the pine to near nothing. You can bet that my Candy Cane Lane will be being burnt at some point this festive season as it is still my most favourite!

I really don't want the festive season to be over with because it means I'll have to take ll of my decorations down and I really don't want to! Do you decorate your bedroom for Christmas? If so, let me know what you do to add a bit of festive fun to your room!

**

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog post, it is very appreciated! Make sure to follow so you can see the next time I post! ♥ xo
**Disclaimer: All views, opinions and photos are my own.**


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe