♥ What I Got For Christmas 2017!

December 25, 2017

Christmas is my most favourite time of the year. As I have definitely said before, I love everything about Christmas! I love picking out the wrapping paper and matching tags and bows, I love putting up the Christmas tree and everywhere I go being covered in Christmas lights and pretty baubles. I love it when the coffee shops start selling their Christmas drinks and all the shops are full of festive decorations and things to buy. 

I know a lot of people say this, but I really do enjoy shopping for other people. I love picking out gifts that I think people will love and really treating the special people in my life. I like to go all out at Christmas and I definitely spend too much money, but to me it isn't about how much money is spent, it's about giving a gift that you know the recipient is going to love! 

I love seeing what other people get for Christmas as it inspires me for next year, so as always I am going to share with you all what I got gifted for Christmas this year. I have been so spoilt and I love every single gift I have been given, I'm so grateful to have such amazing people in my life that have treat me so well during this festive period!

Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them - Illustrated Edition
If you've read any of my blog posts you will probably be aware that there are two things I love, LUSH and Harry Potter. Honestly, Fantastic Beasts is filling the void of no more Harry Potter for me and I absolutely love it. I was so surprised to see open this beautiful book from Reece as I had never asked for it. He said he saw it was being released and knew I would want it, which is so completely true! I adore these illustrated versions of the books, they are so beautifully made and really gorgeous keepsakes. I am so super pleased with this gift!

Harry Potter and the Philosophers Stone - Illustrated Edition
Of course as soon as I saw these books were being re-released and with such stunning art work, I wanted them, I just never got round to actually purchasing this version. This is now my 10th copy of The Philosophers Stone as I have many first edition copies in paperback and hard back and I have all the house colours that were released in celebration of 20 years of Harry Potter. This book is one of the most stunning books I own, the art work is impeccable and I almost don't even want to flick through it as I want to keep it pristine! This book is the perfect addition to my Harry Potter collection and I can't wait to collect the other copies that follow.

'Thumper' - Disney x Pandora Charm
My favourite animal is a rabbit and I literally own rabbit everything. I have rabbit pjs, mugs, cushions, ornaments, a lamp, wall plaques and even a rabbit thermometer! If I see anything with a rabbit on it I am immediately drawn to it and I just have to have it! When I saw that Disney and Pandora had teamed up together to release more Disney charms, I knew I really wanted this charm to add to my bracelet. Thumper is such a cute little character and I knew it would look gorgeous with the rest of my charms. I did not expect to receive this gift at all! I was so shocked after opening a few of my gifts and seeing what Reece had bought me, that a Pandora charm was the last thing I thought I was going to get! I adore my little Thumper and he's quite quickly became one of my favourite charms.

'Lucas' from Stranger Things Funko Pop Vinyl
Ever since myself and Reece binge watched Stranger Things and Stranger Things 2 back in October, I have been obsessed. I held off watching the show for so long as I didn't think it would be my kind of thing and I thought it was about aliens and it was a horror show, which isn't up my street at all. Reece finally got me to sit down and watch it and I was so pleased as I really enjoyed watching it and can't wait for the next season! So when I saw that he had bought me the Lucas Funko Pop, I was so pleased! As soon as we finished the show I told him I wanted to start collecting the Pops! I can't wait to collect even more!

'Niffler' from Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them Funko Pop Vinyl
A Funko Pop that I have been after for a long time is Niffler from Fantastic Beasts. Niffler is easily my favourite character in the Fantastic Beasts films, he's so cute and you just want to cuddle him! Everywhere I go that sells Funko Pop, I always look to see if I can find this specific Niffler and I never have! It always seems to be out of stock wherever I am. I was so happy to open this gift and see his little face! He looks really cute with my other Fantastic Beasts Funko Pops!

Cards Against Humanity
I have been going on and on about how badly I want to play this game to Reece for a little while now. I wanted to play it so bad I very nearly bought him this gift for Christmas until I realised, would I actually be buying it for Reece, or for myself? I ended up buying him the Now Thats What I Call Music board game instead, which is much more his thing! I have seen so many YouTubers play this game and it looks like so much fun! I can't wait to be able to group enough people together to play it!

'Spring Has Sprung' (Thumper) Disney Traditions Collectible
So as I said with the charm, I absolutely love rabbits, I have a pet rabbit called Roo and when I move out I plan on buying lots of little bunnies and giving them all a good loving home. I found it really funny when I opened this gift to see this present inside, as every time me and my best friend go shopping together, we always admire the Disney Traditions Collection and how gorgeous the ornaments are. My best friend always says that she wants to start a collection for her daughter and I said I wanted to start a collection for myself. I don't even think I've told Reece that, so the fact that he bought me this without even knowing that I have been wanting to start buying these for so long just blows my mind. He really does know me better than I know myself! Of course he started off my collection with my favourite little bunny, Thumper! I think this ornament is absolutely gorgeous! I love the detail that goes into making these!  

Golden Snitch fidget spinner
This was my joke present from Reece this year! I bought him a LUSH Bubble Spinner way back a few months ago but he can't even take it home and use it because he doesn't have a bath at his house anymore, so it's stored away in my drawer for him to use when he's over at my house. I always took the mick out of Reece for owning a fidget spinner (which he swears is his brothers!) so I think he thought it would be a really good joke present to gift me one. I actually really like this, not even for the fact that it's a fidget spinner, but because it will go really nice with my Harry Potter collection! 



Lord of Misrule and Twilight solid perfumes
I was genuinely shocked that my Mum agreed to buy me these two solids for Christmas! I was supposed to get Lord of Misrule and So White, but as So White wasn't released and I didn't have a Twilight in my collection, I picked Twilight instead. I am really happy to add both of these to my collection. I have been in search of a Lord of Misrule solid perfume for so long, it feels good to finally have my own. As for Twilight, I can see myself using this as more of a temple balm or rubbing it on when I need some extra sleep as I can't see me wearing this on a daily basis.

Face Masks
This was a jokey present from my parents as I always go to use my LUSH fresh face masks and they're out of date! I do really like trialling and testing new skincare so I am pretty excited to use these! It's been years since I've used a face mask like these, all the ones I buy that aren't LUSH are always sheet masks! They even bought one for Reece too!

Notebook
My Mum knows that I love to collect notebooks. I have so many notebooks and I don't write in them. I tell myself that I am saving them for the perfect time to use them, but I know that time will never come! I think this notebook is super cute and I know that my parents only bought it for me as it has a bunny on it!

Eyelashes
Yet another joke present! I used to wear fake eyelashes all the time when I was younger and I had a lot more time on my hands to play with make up and really make an effort. Nowadays I put the bare minimum on as I appreciate the extra ten minutes in bed more than wearing a pair of falsies! However, when I am going somewhere really nice or there is a special occasion, I do like to pop a pair on, so these will come in handy!

Harry Potter socks
Is it really Christmas is you don't get socks? I get socks every single year, but these ones are the best I've ever gotten! I love that we now have a Primark in Carlisle so my Mum can buy me little Harry Potter stocking fillers! I actually really like Primark socks too! In this set you get one pair for each house! They're so comfy and cosy.

Zoella Spa'rry Spa'rry Night
 I was really surprised to see that my Mum had bought me some Zoella Beauty products!
She knows that I like Zoe's stuff and that I have a few bits from her beauty range, but I just never ever thought she would think to buy me some! I was so shocked to open this! I really wanted to pop into Superdrug on Boxing Day if I had any money left over and see what Zoella stuff made it into the sale but now I don't have to! This gift set contains a body butter and a body polish.



Zoella Snow'ella Fragrance Set
Another gift set that I am super pleased to have is this Zoella fragrance set! I love this body mist, I even bought the huge 150ml bottle! I'm also excited to have the body lotion too to layer up on this gorgeous fresh scent! This gift set is gorgeous, I adore the packaging and it's going to look so pretty in my collection! I was hoping to pick this set up in the sales so I'm pleased I got it for Christmas!

Snow Globe
I have been wanting a snow globe for years! Every year goes by and I admire the ones that they have in TKMaxx yet never buy myself one! I'd actually had a conversation with my Mum about snow globes and about how I really wanted one. She said she saw this one and really liked it so picked it for me. This globe also plays music which is really cute! I love when they play music too, it's like two gifts in one! 

Harry Potter onesie
I absolutely love onesies and this one is no exception! I had seen this in Primark and I was very tempted to buy myself it, but I thought I would hold off and see if it went in the sale. I got a Harry Potter onesie last year from Reece, but this one is completely different and I like it! I like that this one doesn't have a hood and it's the perfect type of baggy! I can see myself wearing this onesie a lot! I'm actually wearing it right now as I type this and it's very cosy!

Peter Rabbit calendar
I was pretty gutted that Zoe and Joe Sugg never released a calendar this year as I really enjoyed the throw back calendar from last year. However, I am really happy to have this calendar as it is super cute and I can cut out the images at the top of the months and frame them!

Hedwig cushion
I was so bloody excited when I opened this gift! I have been looking for this cushion since I saw it on the Primark pages on Facebook and unfortunately as my local store isn't too big, we don't tend to get the really exciting products which is quite disappointing. Luckily, my parents saw this in the Primark at the Metro Centre in Newcastle and grabbed it for me as they thought I would like it. They were wrong, I love it! How bloody cute is Hedwig's face, even though she may look just a little bit pissed off! 

Rabbit door stop
This is a really random gift and my parents said so themselves, as I never have my bedroom door open! It's always closed! But as I said, I could use this for decoration as well as propping my door open if I ever need to. I love how cute this bunny is and the added touch of the autumnal scarf is lovely! I can see this fitting right in when I get my own house!


'A Mothers Love' (Mrs Potts & Chip) Disney Traditions Collectible
 I was so shocked and surprised to see that Reece's parents had bought me this gorgeous ornament! I have recently really started to get into Disney and I really enjoyed the Beauty and the Beast live action remake. I have the Mrs Potts and the Chip purses and the Chip mug from Primark, but I refuse to use them as they are just too nice! I have them sat in my bedroom, on top of my medicine cabinet. Reece had obviously seen these so suggested this gift to his Mum. I absolutely love this! I love the detail that has gone into the ornament and the colours are stunning. I think this might have sparked a new collection..

'Joyce' from Stranger Things Funko Pop Vinyl
This was the first gift that I opened when me and Reece sat down to open our gifts and I was so glad to receive this Funko Pop. As soon as Reece and I finished watching Stranger Things, I was straight onto the internet to see what Funko Pop they had and this Joyce was one of the first I saw. I knew I wanted it straight away! I love the little addition of the lights in her hands and how they got the outfit so perfect. I really like collecting Funko Pop figurines and I can't wait to grow my Stranger Things collection!



Harry Potter footsies, Harry Potter Trivial Pursuit and Make Up Too Nude eyeshadow palette
This bunch of lovely gifts are from my best friend Lauren. We've know each other since we were born, so I'm not surprised that she got me the most perfect gifts - Harry Potter and make up! I love the little footsies and the fact that they match my onesie makes the even better! I'm really excited to play the trivial pursuit game and I challenge anybody to a game, I know I will win! I also really like the eyeshadow palette and used it today, it has a gorgeous combination of pink neutrals and light smokey colours which are always the colours I tend to lean towards. 

The following presents are all from my very lovely friend Jess (@snapsoflush on Instagram) who I have mentioned in previous blog posts. I met Jess on Instagram just nearly a year ago through our love for LUSH. Over the past year she has become one of my closest friends, we speak nearly every day and we finally got the chance to meet up at the LUSH Showcase back in September. I sent her a box of gifts for Christmas and did not expect to come home from Ireland to a box in return from her! 
Bath Bake Love, Eggnog bath glaze, Christmas Pud bath desert and Vanilla Bean bath cream
I honestly can't believe that Jess got me these! She knew how bad I wanted to try some of the Bath Bakes Christmas range but because I had been so disorganised this year and left all my Christmas shopping till the last minute, I ended up not having any spare money to grab some. I have fallen in love with all things Eggnog this year, so when I saw that Sara-Meg had released an Eggnog bath glaze, I wanted to try it so bad! I also really wanted to try Christmas Pud as the scent description sounded amazing! Vanilla Bean is a absolute favourite of mine too, being one of the first tubs I ever purchased from Bath Bakes. I am so unbelievably happy to have these as I was so gutted I couldn't get any!

Albus Dumbledore quote print
Jess knows how much I love Harry Potter, so she knew that this would be a perfect gift for me! I love quotes and prints, as she has seen as I have many frames over my bedroom wall, filled with inspirational quotes and pretty images. This is actually one of my favourite Harry Potter quotes and one that I considered getting tattooed on me, so this was a perfect present for me! I think I have the perfect frame that it will fit into. I can't wait to get it up on my wall with my other framed quotes, it will fit in so well!

Bath Bake Love Peppermint Massage Chocolate, Volcano bath bomb, Iced Wine shower jelly. Randy Butter buttercream, Gentle Lentil solid shampoo, One Eskimo bubble bar and Autumn Dusk and Moonbeams on Pumpkins Yankee Candle votives.
I really can't believe how generous Jess was with these gifts! I know she got me the Peppermint Massage Chocolate because she knows I really love minty scent and this does not disappoint! The combination of mint and chocolate in this scent is beautiful, I just want to bite into it! I was so blown away that Jess gave me a Volcano bath bomb, as these are Spa bombs and are not available to the general public! This is the kind of LUSH you will probably only get your hands on once! I really want to use it but then I also really don't want to not have it - the first world problems of a Lushies! Jess also gifted me a very generous chunk of Iced Wine shower jelly as she knows that I have been in search of it for a while and I love it! I need to find a tub of this ASAP! I've never tried Randy Butter buttercream but I think it smells amazing, with a whiff of alcohol it is a pretty strong scent, but I do really enjoy it! I'm excited to try this out! Jess also gifted me a really large chunk of Gentle Lentil, which is really funny because we were literally talking about this solid shampoo on Christmas Eve as I hadn't realised it was part of the Butterball scent family! I'm really excited to try this out, it smells gorgeous! She also gifted me a One Eskimo bubble bar, again with the mint, she knows I love my mint! And you can only get this bubble bar in a very few select stores and Jess's local just happens to be one of those stores! Jess also gifted me two Yankee Candle votive, in scents that I have never smelt before but really like! 

Rabbit mug
Jess knows me so well! This mug is so super cute! Honestly, if I had seen this myself I would have bought it! This is such a good sized mug, I really like to have a big cup of tea and this mug is perfect for that! I used this mug this morning to have my first cup of coffee from the coffee machine that I bought my parents and it was lovely! I'm ever so tempted to take this mug into work and use it there but I don't want to risk it being broken!

Tealight stand
How bloody cute is this?! I adore little homely pieces like this to decorate my bedroom! I think the two candles that Jess also bought me will look really cute in here and I can imagine it will cast such a pretty shadow on the wall behind when the candles are lit! I'll have to try this out tonight!

Stars and Moon tote bag
My jaw literally dropped to the floor when I opened this gift! I have been wanting a Stars and Moon tote bag since they came out, but this tote is only available in the US, which is super annoying for every other Lushie around the world as this is easily one of the nicest totes LUSH have ever done! I have been meaning to ask one of my US Lushie friends if they would be able to get me one, but I've just never got round to it! I love this tote so much! This is the perfect size to carry around everyday, as I like to use my totes as a handbag or to stick in my backpack, able to whip it out if I need to! I honestly think this is one of my favourite gifts this year! I'm obsessed with this!

I also received £190 in cash from my Granda, Dads stepdad and his partner, my parents and my Aunty. As you can imagine, that money will be spent tomorrow in the Boxing Day sale at LUSH!

I can't believe that Christmas has now come and is almost over. I spend so long looking forward to this one day of the year and then it's gone in a blink! Before we know it it will be next Christmas! I hope you have all had a very Merry Christmas and all had a day filled with fun, food and love! 

**

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog post, it is very appreciated! Make sure to follow so you can see the next time I post! ♥ xo

**Disclaimer: All views, opinions and photos are my own.**

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe