♥ My Travel Bucket List!

July 29, 2018


Isn't the travel bug strange? And no, I don't mean the funny tummy you get when you eat something dodgy, I mean that want to travel after you've been somewhere new. After we got back from Paris, I had the major Disney blues and all I wanted to do was look at other Disney parks and plan more trips. Since we've been home a few weeks, now all I want to do is travel to new places and see the world. There is so much out there to see, so many beautiful countries with such gorgeous beaches and landscapes. I've been doing my research and I have compiled a bucket list of countries that I want to visit before I die. Hopefully, I've got a good few decades ahead of myself to be able to achieve this goal and see all these stunning countries and everything that they have to offer!

Bali
How absolutely stunning does Bali look?! Bali has some of the most beautiful beaches I have ever seen, this is the kind of country you would go to if you want to relax in the sun with some stunning views surrounding you. Bali also has a lot to offer if you're interested in the cultural side of the country. I would love to visit Tirta Empul, a Hindu temple with a bathing area containing holy spring water for supposed ritual purification. I'd also like to visit Pura Gunung Lebah, an ancient temple in scenic jungle surrounds with ornate carvings & colourful statues. And of course, Waterfall Kanto Lampo, a scenic, seasonal waterfall cascading down a stepped rock wall into a shallow wading pool. The more I look at photographs of Bali, the more I want to go. It wouldn't be a short trip, as Bali is nearly 8000 miles away from myself in the UK, but I'm positive it would be worth it!

Croatia
Croatia may have kicked England out of the World Cup, but that doesn't make their country any less beautiful. With a population smaller than London alone, Croatia is a pretty small country, but makes up for it in the beautiful landscapes. The Plitvice Lakes National Park looks stunning, with lakes, alpine forests, waterfalls & caves, plus hiking trails, a holiday purely to this National Park would be worth the journey! Croatia also has a lot of history, with Diocletian's Palace, a fortress-like palace which served as a residence for a Roman emperor and the military garrison. Brač is also a must see place, with a gorgeous white pebble beach and turquoise waters, it looks like a stunning place to take a quick dip. Croatia isn't too far away from the UK, just under 1500 miles, so this could be somewhere that could be on the cards pretty soon!

Finland
Not everybody wants to go on a summer holiday to catch some rays and lie on a beach! I want to visit Finland in the winter, rent out a log cabin and sit by the fire with a hot chocolate, wearing fair isle pyjamas and watching the snow fall outside. I would love to visit Finland and see the beautiful snowy views, take a ride on a husky drawn sledge to watch the Northern Lights and come home to a hot tub in the snow. Apart from the typical winter holiday kinds of things, Finland also has a lot of other beautiful things to do on offer. How can you not visit Finland and not visit Santa Clause Village, a year round attraction where you can meet Santa himself and all his little elves! They even have an igloo hotel, which would be one heck of an experience to visit! There are also some beautiful cathedrals and churches to visit, Temppeliaukio Church and Helsinki Cathedral to name a couple. I'd also love to visit the Market Square in Helsinki, a year round market jam packed with food stalls and handmade crafts to purchase. Finland is definitely up there with a holiday I would love to go on, and being just under 2200 miles away, it's not too far. 

Germany
While we're on the subject of winter breaks and Christmas, being the massive lover of the festive season that I am, how could I not want to visit Germany during the winter months? I never really had an urge to visit Germany until I learnt about the amazing Christmas markets that they have year after year during the lead up to the big day. Market stalls packed with amazing German food and tonnes of handmade crafts, it sounds like heaven. I visit the Belfast Christmas Market every year with Reece, and as much as we enjoy it, I can't even imagine what a one in Germany would be like. This is another holiday that I have to do some time soon and as Germany is only just over 900 miles away, it should be easy enough to accomplish!

Hawaii
I think Hawaii is one of them countries that is on most peoples bucket lists. There are so many beautiful landscapes to see, so many volcanos to visit and you can finish the day off watching the sunset over Hanauma Bay, a beach, where you can see green sea turtles, parrotfish and many more! I would love to stay in Aulani, a Disney resort that is quite unlike any other. There is no park, no rides to go on and no huge queues to spend all day waiting in. Aulani is a spa resort with a touch of Disney magic. The rooms looks stunning and the views are out of this world. This would definitely be a once in a lifetime kind of holiday as Hawaii is just under 7000 miles away, so that would be one expensive flight!

Italy
Italy is somewhere that has been on my 'to go to' list for years. When I was younger, I really wanted to visit Florence as I had heard it was the most romantic city in the world. Now, I want to see so much more! I would still love to visit Florence, but I am much more swayed towards Rome. Rome has so much to offer, so much culture and history, and I can live out my childhood Lizzie McGuire Movie in real life! The Trevi Fountain and the Colosseum go without saying, they are such iconic parts of Italy, you can't visit Rome and not see them. I'd also love to visit the Vatican Museums which has  galleries of renaissance art, plus the very famous Sistine Chapel with the beautiful hand painted ceiling by Michelangelo. I'd also love to visit Italy purely for the food, you can never eat too much pasta and pizza! At just over 1500 miles in distance, Italy is definitely an option!

Japan
Japan is a country that I am super curious about. I know that the Japanese culture is so different to the UK and I want to see what it's all about! From vending machines for absolutely anything to the too cute to eat food that is everywhere, Japan looks incredible. I think ti goes without saying that I would love to visit Tokyo Disneyland, I couldn't travel all that way and not see the park! They have so many limited edition things to purchase, I'd have to take an empty suitcase! There are so many beautiful things to see in Japan, temples such as Kinkaku-ji and Kiyomizu-dera would be high on my list. I'd love to visit Arashiyama and see all the monkeys in their natural habitat and Harajuku for all the stunning street art and fashion! Japan is just over 5500 miles away and would most definitely be a once in a lifetime kind of trip.

Norway
Another gorgeous country to visit in the winter would have to be Norway. I did plan to visit Norway when I was 18 and fresh out of sixth form. I told myself I would visit the Northern Lights here one day and I still plan to do so. Much like Finland, I want to stay in a log cabin in the middle of the winter and enjoy the snow. I also want to see Lofoten, the scenery looks stunning! The Seven Sisters Waterfall is a beautiful natural landscape that is a must see and I also really want to see Hanseatic Museum and Schøtstuene as I love interior design and seeing how people used to live their lives all them years ago. I also couldn't travel to Norway and not visit the Nobel Peace Cente rthe museum of  the Nobel Peace Prize. Norway is just under 1500 miles away, so I can see this trip becoming a reality!

Thailand
Thailand is a country that I have always wanted to visit. I found a trip with backpackers that toured around Thailand for a week, back when I was 18. I was so ready to go, but my Mum changed my mind last minute and I've regretted not going ever since. I would love to visit the Phi Phi Islands, an island group in Thailand, between the large island of Phuket and the west Strait of Malacca coast of the mainland. I'd also like to see the Grand Palace, the official residence of the Kings of Siam since 1782 which now houses a museum and is open to visitors. I also think it would be amazing to visit Ko Pha-ngan and be there for one of their very famous Full Moon Party', where there is a night-long celebration, which is tied to the lunar calendar. There are so many beautiful things to see in Thailand, food included, that I would be here all day if I was to go on. Thailand is just over 5800 miles away from the UK, so this will be a holiday I'll need to save for!

United States of America
America has been on my to visit list for years. I want to see it all. I want to visit New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, San Francisco, Philadelphia, Seattle, New Orleans, Houston, the list literally goes on and on. I want to see the Grand Canyon, Niagara Falls,  The White House (when it's not occupied by Trump,) the Statue of Liberty, the Golden Gate bridge. I want to eat proper New York pizza, eat Key Lime Pie in Florida, try biscuits and gravy in the South and eat my body weight in mac and cheese. There is so much to do and so much to see in America, that limiting myself to one state or one city would be silly. I want to experience it all!

If you could visit anywhere in the world, where would you go?

**

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog post, it is very appreciated! Make sure to follow so you can see the next time I post! ♥ xo

**Disclaimer: All views and opinions are my own. Photo credit: Google Images**

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe